Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-03-2015, 12:21   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Cat/Dog Life Jackets

For Sale - 2 small life jackets made for your very small dog or your any size cat. My cat weight about 12 pounds or more and fits in either jacket as shown in the photos below.
Each jacket is $25 and shipping is probably $5 or so. Or buy both jackets for $40.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat  LifeJacket 6632.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	99604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat LifeJacket SERF 6634.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	99605  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat LifeJacket SERF 6635.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	99606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat LifeJacket SERF 6636.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	99607  

Old 30-03-2015, 07:12   #2

Re: Cat/Dog Life Jackets

Sold - thanks everybody.
Old 30-03-2015, 07:35   #3

Boat: Monk 36

As expected, it looks like kitty 'enjoys' being in the jacket. This summer I intend to initiate my seven year old Bengal to the sailing world. This should be purrty interesting.
Old 30-03-2015, 08:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpddj View Post
As expected, it looks like kitty 'enjoys' being in the jacket. This summer I intend to initiate my seven year old Bengal to the sailing world. This should be purrty interesting.
Actually, having a cat on board is a blessing and a curse. Cats are "sort of" self servicing so they take care of their "potty needs" and if you raise the cat to always have dry cat food available to them - they are generally self-regulating as to food needs. Besides which they are fabulous companions and just the right size.

However, you do need -IMHO - to keep them below decks during voyages and when the weather is bad. Their size is also a liability as they can be swept over the side by a wave in the blink of an eye. My cat is never allowed "on deck" unless the anchor is down. And he has learned to listen for it and butt the companionway hatch when he hears the chain rattling out.

The "curse" part is that in rough weather when I go below and have to hang on for dear life as the ship rolls and pitches, the cat is bounding from table to chair/settee and elsewhere with the least amount of concern - the Little "S.O.B."
Old 30-03-2015, 08:14   #5

Boat: csy 37

We took both our cats. They had always been house cats so were accustomed to being inside all the time. We had a perfect spot for the litter box which really helped. Dry food would have made it easier but the Admiral liked to spoil them with canned food. In rough weather they just curled up in a corner. I almost felt sorry for the "dog" people who always seemed to be busy with their needs.
Old 10-04-2015, 21:31   #6

** Explanation or what we are listing ***
I have failed to mention enough times that ALL of the stuff we are listing is from our boat and has been collected over the years when I could sail and cruise. My terminal cancer has ended all of that so we are trying to find a good home for the stuff. Since quite a bit of it is "old" and no longer available or made, we thought cruisers might be interested - especially if you had one and now would like to replace your broken one with an exact or near duplicate and no longer available.