Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 17:47   #1

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]
AIS Transceiver: Vesper Watchmate 850

Fellow boaters,

I am finishing up an extensive electronics upgrade. [Stay tuned for more items...]

Therefore I am offering my perfectly functioning, used Vesper Watchmate 850 AIS transponder.

It is being replaced by a Vesper Watchmate Vision because- while I still prefer a stand-alone AIS screen- I also need the WiFi functionality built into the Vision model in support of my ongoing electronics upgrade.

The Watchmate 850 is still manufactured and fully supported by the vendor. It sips power, and has a marvelous anchor alarm function we have always relied upon.

It is already updated with the current firmware, and can easily updated in the future using a standard USB cable [or a waterproof USB cable available from Vesper] connected to a computer [Win/Mac] running the Vesper upgrade application.

The Watchmate 850 has a built-in GPS that has worked perfectly while mounted in the pilothouse of my fiberglass boat. If needed [e.g., for a metal boat] an external GPS antenna is available from Vesper for US$79.

This unit includes a desktop mounting bracket with knobs, and the custom power cable [which is also the NMEA 0183 cable]. It can also be flush mounted using a US$5 kit Vesper sells.

The best online price I could find for a new Watchmate 850 was at iMarine for US$804.

This unit came installed on my boat when I purchased it in May-2014. If I recall correctly, the previous owners had installed it 3 years prior to that. Therefore it is ~ 6-7 years old or so.

I am offering this clean, fully operation unit for US$550 including USPS Priority Mail to any address in the US that can receive USPS mail.

Please defer all of your technical questions to the extensive information available from the vendor..

I will attempt to include some photos below to demonstrate proof of life [and ownership...] Failing that, the photos are also available at this link.

PayPal is preferred.

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers! Bill

Old 19-06-2017, 08:07   #2

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]
SOLD: AIS Transceiver: Vesper Watchmate 850

This item is sold.

Thank you everyone.

Cheers! Bill
Closed Thread

Tags
ais