Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 16-09-2008, 12:07   #61
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu View Post
Nope! Oyster Point Marina. Cold here from the wind. That's what I've been saying. It's too cold here for nude sailing. I can catch a little sun now and then but very little,as the wind comes up early.
So what were you in Lat.38 for? I had the Feb. Issue...back then. Then too, we're working on the boat right now and aren't sailing anywhere for a while.
They pasted my lily white buttocks on thier inner pages aka DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS, and then quoted me for the Baja Haha of 92-93

imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 16:07   #62
Shu

Boat: Down East Yacht, 42' Danser Nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
They pasted my lily white buttocks on thier inner pages aka DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS, and then quoted me for the Baja Haha of 92-93
Ok, I'm not gonna ask how they got a pic of your "Lily white buttocks" if you don't do nude sailing.
I don't recall that photo so maybe I missed the issue after all, or maybe I was traumatized in to selective memory or something like that. LOL

Old 16-09-2008, 19:43   #63

Boat: Far From Turtle: 1980 Pearson 424 cutter rigged ketch
occasional articles about someone finding nude sailors in the Med. Or Caribbean

Hasn't anyone been to the British Virgins? Not even an eyebrow raiser there. I presume same in Bahamas. Hottern blue blazes, muggiern hades, miles from anywhere, on the ocean, who does have their knickers on in that environment?

Shouldn't even be an issue, unless near civilization. The occasional passing boat in an area like that has to put the binoculars on and peep to see anything.

The Europeans actually think Americans are sick for being so prudish. One told me to my face our national prudishness was disgusting. That was bit harsh in my opinion, but whatever.
Old 16-09-2008, 19:57   #64

Boat: Coronado 30 - Lady Eliza
You should have told him the way they suppress violence in their media is unnatural and then kicked him in the crotch.

Actually, while funny, that would probably be a bad idea.
Old 16-09-2008, 20:05   #65

Jack! you sound hostile! You know how violent our reputations as Americans are! Please, no fuel for the fodder (;=>)

It was a she anyway, not a he. She went back to England so it's ok. I guess we could have had a cat fight.
Old 16-09-2008, 20:12   #66

Boat: Coronado 30 - Lady Eliza
I originally wrote "ding ding" instead of crotch.

Honestly, if I had a choice of topless women or violence on TV I'd go with the women. So- other than being rude to you she sort of had it right!
Old 16-09-2008, 21:11   #67

well I'm sort of a Victorian prude, so I'm glad you switched ding dong to crotch.
Old 17-09-2008, 14:47   #68
Shu

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Mate View Post
Hasn't anyone been to the British Virgins? Not even an eyebrow raiser there. I presume same in Bahamas. Hottern blue blazes, muggiern hades, miles from anywhere, on the ocean, who does have their knickers on in that environment?

Shouldn't even be an issue, unless near civilization. The occasional passing boat in an area like that has to put the binoculars on and peep to see anything.

The Europeans actually think Americans are sick for being so prudish. One told me to my face our national prudishness was disgusting. That was bit harsh in my opinion, but whatever.
Well no body ever accused me of being a prude about being nude. In fact I am much the opposite. Maybe too much sometimes. Nudity never bothered me whether it was mine or someone else's, and I will live the "Free" life as often as possible. I try to be respectful of others but still enjoy my freedom. Being here in the Bay area much is accepted and I am thankful for it. I haven't been to the Carib' but I don't need hot to be comfortable. I only need for it to be "Bareable".
To be candid about this my wife and I have been members of AANR for many years and started our own club where we used to live when the local group folded up due to owner problems. We started the "South Valley Travel Club" which can be found here. Nudist - American Association for Nude Recreation under regions and clubs. (Calif.) We have since turned the club over to another to operate. Bring on the sun my friends!
Old 17-09-2008, 21:10   #69

Boat: 48' Hi Star
I lived in San Francisco in the mid 80s. A favorite hang out (literally) was Baker Beach. It was a "clothing optional" beach in one section. I don't know if it still is. I watched some very interesting beach volley ball games there. I also spent several weeks on the island of Sylt in Germany. It has a "textile free" zone. Of course, I was 30 years younger then. I'd probably scare the animals these days!

Can't say I've sailed nude lately. Maybe some day
Old 17-09-2008, 21:31   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
We used to fly sailplanes out of Torrey Pines - The launch was by an old bus converted with a winch. They'd drag the glider up up and away over the cliff.

Then you'd ridge soar back and forth on the on-shore breeze. If you messed up and got below the cliff, you either killed yourself or landed on Blacks Beach.

The anticipatoin of my first landing there as a 16 year old backseater was palpable. Parts of me were awake even before we hit the sand.

Then a 90 year old naked guy came trotting up, "What happened dude, Did ya run outta wind?"

I think the youngest person was 60 and the tightest thing around was a sea lion.

The anticipation of landing on a nude beach was way better than the reality.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 21:33   #71

Boat: 83 27' hunter "SALTY DAWG"
well i have stayed out of this thread until now... the wife and i are also former AANR members

cant do much naked sailing on the bay, too many boats
Old 18-09-2008, 10:18   #72
Shu

Good mornining, sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. Got real busy.

Sailorgal...Baker Beach is still "Optional" and quite popular I believe. There are a couple of places close to Pacifica that are used also and the wife and I have been to Lupin near Los Gatos Ca. several times.

Ex-Calif. There seems to be more nude beaches these days with the "older set" hanging out. Where I was at (Morro Bay, Ca.) There was two colleges nearby and the crowd was "Exciting" to say the least. That was in the 70's however, when nude beaches were BIG NEWS. Pirates cove near Avila beach was surrounded by a cliff and we had an occasional lookie loo drop in on us, litterally! LOL. There was a lot of vollyball there, and as of last summer there still was, and it was the same people I think.

Scotty...What club were you in, or were you AANR direct? We were Bakersfield Sun Club untill it folded, then I rounded up most of the old members and started my own club. I ran it 5 years, retired, bought my boat, gave the club to a member to run and left town. South Valley Travel Club As to sailing nude, I'll get all I can when I can. If the Bay is warm (LMAO) I'll sail nude there too. San Francisco is liberal enough to deal with it. They have a guy here that has been arrested five times now for doing nude yoga in downtown areas and the DA will not prosecute as he was not offending anyone and never blocked a sidewalk or street.
I don't think that would happen anywhere else!
Old 18-09-2008, 10:42   #73
Eternal Member

Below Pacifica is Devil's Slide just as you enter Montara. I have spent many afternoons there with a sandwhich, and a few beers. Free, and interesting entertainment....i2f
Old 18-09-2008, 15:11   #74
Shu

Yep.
I'm pretty sure that's the place I heard about. Haven't been there though. Between boat work and other stuff I don't have much free time. After we moved here we took a job even though retired so we would not burn up our savings. Severly limits our time though.
Old 18-09-2008, 15:23   #75
Eternal Member

Just as you pass Devil's Slide, and enter Montara. There's the Charthouse on the beach with a terrific view. Make a nice Sunday brunch on a windswept beach....i2f

Tags
sail

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: