Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2014, 09:30   #1

Boat: Centurion 32 ft
Proud landlubber

Hello boat folk

After a month travelling around Panama using local transport, I felt the need to share a few feelings.

I think it is SO important as boat dwellers to get away from the boat sometimes. As a newbie boatie, I have spent the first year thoroughly enjoying boat life, as insular as it can sometimes be, throwing myself into the social side of marina living, enjoying all the challenges it can bring, and revelling in being in some stunning places.

But it was only when I packed a small bag and went wandering that I realised how attached I'd become to that way of life and how much I was missing as a result. In the last month I've met so many wonderful Panamanians, suffered through hours of numb bum syndrome to reach some hidden gems nestled in the highlands and in hidden coves, and I've enjoyed every minute. Being away from the boat has given me a fresh perspective and reignited my passion for travel and sailing too.

And to all those based in Panama...it is a fascinating country which is very easy to travel around. Buses are obscenely cheap, food is incredible. If you haven't already done it...I would recommend hopping on a bus and seeing where you end up!

Back to the marina tomorrow, and I can't wait

Www.emmajayashton.com
emmajayashton is offline   Reply With Quote