Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2017, 21:45   #1

Boat: 1985 Hershine 48' YachtFish
Send a message via AIM to Splash of Lime
Nauti Gal is on her way.

My 44' CHB is on her way to San Diego. I left Poulsbo, WA on the 2nd of May and I an just now in Eureka, Calif. But being alone it makes it where i must have somewhere to come to at night. I did do a one niter a week ago. And with 2 hrs sleep on the road again. But you must sleep, so I seek marinas or a good anchorage. But this is a fun trip now that i have turned the corner of WA and actually past Oregon.
Now in Calif I did catch a nice big Redfish today between Crescent City ad Eureka, Calif., It is all red and about 6-8 lbs. Really good white meat and very tasty. Only ate less then half tonight. IT is good to be in Calif. Such a difference in weather and climate. Hope to make San Diego with 2 weeks. I need to stop off in Santa Barbara and of course a few days in the Channel Islands. There are more White Sea Bass they say then anywhere. There is so much small fish feed there for the Sea Bass. So lots of other fish there as well, plus crab. Except being alone, it is a great trip. But have to find a a anchorage every night or a marina. But I am almost halfway at just under 700 miles.
Well being 77 yrs old i do have some experience, I guess being older does not make a good seaman?
But i did a lot of commercial salmon fishing in the 70's. I did learn a lot and then I did the King Crab fishing for 6 seasons in Dutch Harbor. Anyone know Dave Aus" usually around Ballard? I have been trying to find him for awhile. Like to say hi and what's up? We used to be friends both king crabbing, Alaska. This is an interesting, that a lot of boating people read it. Great stuff. Captain Chuck here.
Splash of Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 23:08   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Nauti Gal is on her way.

Captain Chuck,

That was a good post about your voyage so far.

Sounds like you are making the best of it.

Bravo for you to do it at 77!

I am surprised you do not have crew, as I thought your Crew Wanted posts got you several people to join you for your cruise down the coast.

Bon Voyage and Taunt Lines!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote