1) Motorcycles are not inherently dangerous, other motorists are. In fact MOST motorcycle fatalities are from being rear-ended at a stop. Which is why I am a big proponent of lane splitting.
2) Motorcycles are dangerous to other vehicles!?? please! Hummers are dangerous. in every sense of the word.
3) I actually agree about noise
, but in general it's a certain type of motorcycle and I don't understand why the law chooses to ignore already existing laws on the matter. BUT it's no worse than someone blasting obnoxious bass.
4) They allow for plenty of cargo in the places I want to go on my sailboat.
5) They are fine in the rain, actually manageable in snow, but again... Cars suck in the snow too and not a real consideration for MOST of the world, most of the time.
6) I only want one passenger, preferably a low cargo type.
6a) I don't have kids
nor do I need to transport others' kids
6a1) you actually can transport kids just fine on them.
7) You don't actually HAVE
to wear gear
in most of the world, Most people should probably wear helmets more often anyway.
And as to plusses, they can go places no car can, including the freeway in Los Angeles at 5:15.
And cars are IMMENSLY wasteful, both in their creation and their consumption
of resources. I can't figure out why anyone would choose NOT to ride a bike, and frankly in most
of the world they are in fact the preferred mode of individual motorized transport.