Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 23:01   #61
cruiser

Boat: OPBs
Re: Listen Lurkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Please do your own homework, the evidence is everywhere and many threads have been dedicated to the subject. The boat building industry is in steady decline and has been for years.
So you don't have any stats. You made a false claim of having data to support your opinion. Well done.

This is one of the big problems on this forum.

I'm sure it's someone else's fault, though....
Old 07-12-2018, 23:08   #62
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
So you don't have any stats. You made a false claim of having data to support your opinion. Well done.

This is one of the big problems on this forum.

I'm sure it's someone else's fault, though....
Then some just like to argue for no reason and demand that others do their homework for them.

One more good reason why the newbies and lurkers don’t wanna join in.
Old 07-12-2018, 23:13   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFS Klopas View Post
Ok.

Two weeks ago my tarp I found on Craigslist gor a boat 10' larger than mine was flopping around in a 20-30 kt blow + rain. I had bought these tiny spring clamps from K Mart that I thought somehow would hold. A couple of larger clamps that sell for $1 per did hold. So after 20 minutes of that I was dizzy and tired because I wasn't eating recovering from surgery. I got down the ladder and barely made it to the bathroom before passing out. I then bought more $1 clamps at Home Depot

That was the most interesting thing to happen to my boat in the last 3 months. Now you know why I avoid posting.

And holy ****, me giving advice is the worst possible idea. It's bad enough you wasted time reading that, but spending thousands based on what I say?!?!
Super funny!
Old 07-12-2018, 23:26   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
apologies to all posters of colour:coloured was not meant as a racial slur,just as a plural for people who are not white
hahahaha

Hey, brother ... no need to be PC. Tell the SJW crowd to take a hike. I do. Not only that, but did you know that white is a color? If you go to a paint store, you can buy the color white (if you have money). Many (most?) pleasure boats are painted the color white. Most lobster boats in Maine are painted the color white. Most catamarans are painted the color white.

Not only that, but did you know that here in Japan, all the cosmetic companies focus on selling creams to the Japanese women so that they can look as white as possible? True story. I never lie.

Oh ... sorry ... I'm getting off topic. Do millennials have enough money to buy a yacht? Can they even sail? For them, lurking is maybe mandatory ... until mom opens the basement door and yells down "It's dinner time, turn off the computer and come upstairs."

In closing, did you know that Maine is known for mosquitos, black flies, and many other summertime insect pests? Did you know that 'Ole Time Woodsman Fly Dope' is the best repellent? It truly is! Do you know the color of Ole Time Woodsman Fly Dope? I do.

It's all something to think about.

Hey!!! ... I gotta get back to work! What is this thread, anyway? Clickbait?

"honamatane!"

(hahaha)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	181834  
Old 08-12-2018, 01:06   #65
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
You obviously don't get the reference. In the UK they'd say you've got a 'brass neck'.

Trying to make me responsible for your blatant lying reveals your character. For anyone who wasn't already aware....

I called it in my first post, "it would be someone else's fault" .. and lo and behold...

Have a great day [emoji106]
And now this gem of a personal attack complete with an obscene gesture....all over who knows what? One need not wonder any longer over why the new folks are hesitant to post.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:21   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Closed pending moderator action.
Closed Thread