Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 18:02   #31

Boat: Westsail 32
Re: Fat Man in the Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
WOW, you can run? I feel you have lots to learn about basement living and boats as there isn't anywhere to run to, so running is a poor ability to have.
Maybe that's the point.
Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 18:26   #32
CLOD

Boat: none

Don’t be going all reality, embrace the basement life and couch sailing and be happy!
Old 01-02-2018, 18:49   #33

LMAO, best thread I've ever read, and I learned a lot.
ras1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 19:36   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I've been here a while and have had some fun. But I think maybe it is time to come clean.

-I'm really a 400 lb (last I could get weighted) 41 year old man living in my parents basement (how I relate to the anchor out guys).
-It's been 5 years since I have seen the sun or smelled air that hasn't been filtered through the cushions I have been farting into for 12 years (how I can be knowledgeable about holding tank odor).
- I haven't been able to fit into the shower for a long time (how I know about boat shower sizes) and yet I still mostly try to clean between my folds every few days (how I know about boat water management).
- My parents (who are like the water cops) have tried to control my bathroom happens, so I have taken to using a bucket (bet lots of you understand this).
- The cockroaches down here in the saloon (my basement) have gotten bad lately so I got a BB gun to shoot them (my expertise for gun threads).
- Sometime my Twinkie falls off when I cough and my belly bounces the table (like a storm wave) and falls on the floor.
- I can't really get the twinkie by reaching down (like trying to get the last can of spam out of a boat locker) so I came up with a little hook on a piece of string and it took many tries to find the right hook (my anchor knowledge).
- Last night I was on the CB radio using my phone GPS app to send truckers down the wrong road (I'm a navigational genius).
- The finish on my computer has worn off and it gets crusty from the food that falls out of my mouth and folds so I have taken to spraying various things on it to stop the growth (my knowledge of bottom fouling), but nothing seems to work in the long haul and my Mom comes by once in a while and just scrapes it off.
- Last week a water pipe started dripping on my head and I had to call 911 to get help. I was surprised about how many questions they asked before they were willing to send help, but in the end it was a good thing I knew flooding procedures and where I was.
- And let's not even start talking about mold, you boat people don't really know anything about mold.
- The batteries I use for my toys (including the very personal ones) die too often and I just can't get the good ones. So I got these cheap rechargeable ones, but since I'm not allowed to use the house electrical I had to find a renewable green way to do it. I solved it by hooking up a hose to "you know where" and using my massive farts to turn a little "wind" generator. It works well but is very dependent on what I had to eat that day (it was a lot and the beans really help).
- I have tried to get female company to share my adventure. But when they find out what I am really like they run up the stairs to get away (bet some boaters how about this one).

Maybe now that I've come out of the basement others here will also. I bet we all would benefit from lessons learned by each other to improve our basement experience.
There was once a seaslug that lived in a caravan...

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 20:11   #35

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
There was once a seaslug that lived in a caravan...
ROTFLMAO!

Nothing from him for quite a while. Guess mum cut off his internet
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 21:07   #36

Boat: Cape George pilothouse 36 and a Cape Dory 25

I had a roommate in Puerto Cabezas from Marathon named Ben Cooper. And, Jethro Tull had a song named Fat Man on their first album. And I want to say that in the early 70's Little Feat was really good live. I only ever owned their first album.
fatherchronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 21:31   #37

Boat: Lots of boats.

I have a spare 22 footer I don't know what to do with. Be happy to give it to you but you would have to climb out of the basement to work on it.

I'm a big guy too, but ask anyone, I'm pretty nimble on a boat. :-)
hsi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:53   #38
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
ROTFLMAO!

Nothing from him for quite a while. Guess mum cut off his internet
I have other forum sites to play on and which need my attention.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:22   #39

Boat: J/88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine1983 View Post
For all the Little Feat fans :

Thanks for that, he was lost too early. Just reminded me too of an expression I use often from an album title of theirs, Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Old 04-01-2020, 14:22   #40
CLOD

[QUOTE=sailorboy1;2566286]I've been here a while and have had some fun. But I think maybe it is time to come clean.

-I'm really a 400 lb (last I could get weighted) 41 year old man living in my parents basement (how I relate to the anchor out guys).
-It's been 5 years since I have seen the sun or smelled air that hasn't been filtered through the cushions I have been farting into for 12 years (how I can be knowledgeable about holding tank odor).
- I haven't been able to fit into the shower for a long time (how I know about boat shower sizes) and yet I still mostly try to clean between my folds every few days (how I know about boat water management).
- My parents (who are like the water cops) have tried to control my bathroom happens, so I have taken to using a bucket (bet lots of you understand this).
- The cockroaches down here in the saloon (my basement) have gotten bad lately so I got a BB gun to shoot them (my expertise for gun threads).
- Sometime my Twinkie falls off when I cough and my belly bounces the table (like a storm wave) and falls on the floor.
- I can't really get the twinkie by reaching down (like trying to get the last can of spam out of a boat locker) so I came up with a little hook on a piece of string and it took many tries to find the right hook (my anchor knowledge).
- Last night I was on the CB radio using my phone GPS app to send truckers down the wrong road (I'm a navigational genius).
- The finish on my computer has worn off and it gets crusty from the food that falls out of my mouth and folds so I have taken to spraying various things on it to stop the growth (my knowledge of bottom fouling), but nothing seems to work in the long haul and my Mom comes by once in a while and just scrapes it off.
- Last week a water pipe started dripping on my head and I had to call 911 to get help. I was surprised about how many questions they asked before they were willing to send help, but in the end it was a good thing I knew flooding procedures and where I was.
- And let's not even start talking about mold, you boat people don't really know anything about mold.
- The batteries I use for my toys (including the very personal ones) die too often and I just can't get the good ones. So I got these cheap rechargeable ones, but since I'm not allowed to use the house electrical I had to find a renewable green way to do it. I solved it by hooking up a hose to "you know where" and using my massive farts to turn a little "wind" generator. It works well but is very dependent on what I had to eat that day (it was a lot and the beans really help).
- I have tried to get female company to share my adventure. But when they find out what I am really like they run up the stairs to get away (bet some boaters how about this one).

Maybe now that I've come out of the basement others here will also. I bet we all would benefit from lessons learned by each other to improve our basement experience.[/QUOTE

Time to remind Ts and others
Old 04-01-2020, 15:17   #41

Boat: Bristol 27

So here you have it. Old cruiser bored at the marina.

I've seen it many times just please don't go down and dance hammered drunk on the boardwalk! I always wanted to walk those guys back to their boats

This is what I saw when I was down in Florida. Older cruisers ….

Luckily for me I was late 30's when I arrived so on a night like this it's just about time to go check out the boats at the mainland marinas then at the beach

For some reason, I'd look at a certain Westsail 32, a few Cape Dorys, then at the latest beach cats on the beach then head to maybe Peg Leg Pete's for an appetizer then to Banana Bob's for starters...….and be looking

And I did run into quite a few nice ladies, but since I was newly separated/divorced after being married since childhood it was sort of like a wannabe sailor in the "just go" mode.

But still enjoyable …… but for some of the ladies I met the first few years it wasn't their first "adventure" by far.

We're talkin' mid to late 90's before the internet got rolling so the bars were packed!

I will never forget though waking up at one of my "friends" houses at 1 am with this song playing on her stereo. ( I guess we still called them stereos then) It was actually when hurricane Danny was passing through Pensacola. She wanted to go out so I was fine with it. Later she had wanted the sliding doors open in her bedroom. I was like geez there is a hurricane coming thru. Yeah she was like but it's just a cat 1. 1997

thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 15:25   #42
CLOD

Lucky for me i have an inflatable inner tube and a bath tub and still get to see more of the world than most
Old 04-01-2020, 16:11   #43

Boat: Bristol 27

Well, I guess the rest of us just get to see a little bit of the World "ON TV."

Side note SB1, we have a new guy at the dock who is an Officer on a Sub. I think maybe Virginia Class. I told him about one of my techs a retired Senior Chief who's last boat was Los Angeles Class just like Dallas in Red October.

thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men