Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2013, 17:42   #1

Earth from Space

I saw this program recently (3hours). it is pretty amazing. Digital pictures/computer data from 130 satellites in space using the whole wave spectrum. They are learning much more from there than they can being on the planet; including mapping the ocean floor to within 1/2 inch.. Amazing program.... views of the globe showing lightening etc. also showing things not in the human sight spectrum by enhancing them to se. Ocean currents, sandstorms from the African desert heading to South america (got that red dust on my boat in Trini!) alot of interesting weather related stuff too. Amazing how everything on the globe (and beyond ) is related in balance. for instance; lightening strikes 14 times a second globally, it covers most the globe. a lightening bolt splits nitrogen atoms, they combine quickly to form nitrates (fertilizer)which are washed to earth in raindrops. ...and many more interesting things. Did you know if Anarctica disappeared, so would all life on earth?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 19:47   #2

Boat: H28
Re: Earth from Space

Sounds awesome!!
Wish I'd seen it.
Chrisc is offline   Reply With Quote