Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 08-05-2015, 09:20   #31

Boat: Down East 45, Brigantine
Re: Cameras on boats.

I’ve been a professional real estate photographer for ten years and take both ultra wide angle shots, and also 360 degree virtual tours. These are very high definition pictures, and brokers have actually sold houses, sight unseen, based on my work.
I also sold my last car, sight unseen, to an overseas buyer, from a portfolio of pictures I took.
I have tried to interest yacht brokers and also private sellers by showing them examples of my images of boats, but without success.
My asking price was $40 per picture, minimum five. Possibly traveling time, if more than 20 miles.
Both parties are too stingy to invest in decent pictures. I suggested to brokers they ask their sellers if they would pay for professional pictures, but they couldn’t even be bothered to do that. They seem happy with the appalling apparitions they concoct with their rinky-dink cameras, or even phones.
It is indeed rare to see decent shots of boats, and if I was employing a broker who produced this garbage of my beauty, I would sack him on the spot.
Sellers generally have no idea whatsoever about marketing, and want to sell their boats with the minimum of effort, hence the broker, and won’t spring for any extra cost. Then they even moan about the broker’s commission when a sale is made.
The irony is that decent, high resolution images make most boats look better than they really are. If a broker sold a few boats from quality images, he would soon be able to use it to gain more clients......

I guess, if you could find a few enlightened local brokers to employ you on a regular basis, and even add it to the sale cost, you would be okay. But there aren’t too many enlightened people in my locality, period—in any capacity.

How to build a square rigger? Find out at
Also pages of sailboat items for sale
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 13:26   #32

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Cameras on boats.

- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is online now   Reply With Quote

« Fitness | Jokes »
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: