Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 20:27   #1

Boat: 37ft pilothouse in the PNW
Butchart Gardens Fireworks

does anyone have a recommendation as to the best spot to watch the fireworks from on the water. ive heard tod inlet but cannot confirm .thanks
Old 23-08-2011, 20:56   #2

Boat: 55' Romsdal
Re: buchart gardens fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmrc View Post
does anyone have a recommendation as to the best spot to watch the fireworks from on the water. ive heard tod inlet but cannot confirm .thanks
I'm thinking that passing by Todd Inlet further into Saanich Inlet a bit, anchoring off Gowlland Park. Tod Inlet is pretty small so if there are a few boats in there already it's tough to get anchored.

It's been 10 years since we were there, so others may have better information....
Old 27-08-2011, 15:57   #3

Boat: Ct 37
You get the best view in the first 2 bends in Todd inlet It's best to drop anchor just under mid channel and stern tie to a tree positioning boat about 25-30 from shore I suggest staying the nite lots of cop patrolling for intoxicated people and lack of proper Nav lights It's about a 45 min show and then another 30 mins show of drunkies trying to leave. It's very entreating
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 07:33   #4

Re: Butchart Gardens Fireworks

You may be able to see a little of the fireworks from the water, but you can't see the show. You do have to be on the lawn to hear the music and see all the close-to-the-ground effects. A friend who watched for years from his boat finally went to them and told me later he had no idea how much he'd been missing.
Victoria_rez is offline   Reply With Quote