Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2012, 09:23   #136

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825
Re: Bikers on Board ?

Mines 92 decibels and the legal limit here in Victoria, Australia, is 94 decibels,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 08:51   #137
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

That South Park episode hit the nail on the head, as usual! I call them "look at me!" pipes. When they frighten my little children and make them cry I wanna start throwing stuff. Classic case of me-itis. My kids love my v twin, but when one of those look at me I'm special bikes roll by it hurts their ears, and sets off all the car alarms, etc. but these people don't care as long as everyone noticed how cool they are when they ride by...
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 09:04   #138

Boat: 1978 Pearson 26 One Design

2000 ROADSTAR (YAMAHA)

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...efamily089.jpg
2001 FATBOY (HD)

2000 HERITAGE SOFTAIL CLASSIC (HD)
rhr1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 09:09   #139

Has you pillion got bare feet or thongs on rhr1956,
Old 14-08-2012, 09:24   #140

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

I guess I should point out the other bad riders of which group I sometimes belong to.
They are the go fast crowd. Again it is not the drivers fault he didn't see you when you are doubling (or more) the posted speed limit. They probably did see you, but when they looked you were so far away that it just didn't register.
When I ride I expect every car to pull out in front of me, and when they don't I am pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtall View Post
I'm hearin' ya. I'm an Aussie, the big chunk to the West of our little island. Fell in love with the bike in 2007, took me 4 years to finally own one but worth it. Truly an awesome machine for the naked, retro look rider who would like the acceleration, handling and stopping/power of a modern muscle bike. BTW it can out accelerate an R1 in a rolloff. Only one way I could know that.
Sorry to hear the US never got this machine. Considering the country was Suzuki's happy hunting ground in the '80's that's hard to believe.
Cheers!
The GSX1100G just didn't sell well over here for some reason so Suzuki didn't bother with the 1400. I remember reading an article about a guy in Oz who bought one brand new, and had a shop put a large turbo on it. I don't remember the exact HP but it was over 200! The articles' author did not dare punch it in the corners, but said the straight lines were breathtaking.
jeanathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 09:58   #141

Boat: 1978 Pearson 26 One Design

She's wearing flip flops. We were at the high school for my daughter's softball game. The wife drove and I rode the bike. After the game, I was giving her a ride to her car. I never dressed like that when going for a real ride. That was all in the neighborhood...
rhr1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 23:42   #142

Boat: Jarkan 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon
I guess I should point out the other bad riders of which group I sometimes belong to.
They are the go fast crowd. Again it is not the drivers fault he didn't see you when you are doubling (or more) the posted speed limit. They probably did see you, but when they looked you were so far away that it just didn't register.
When I ride I expect every car to pull out in front of me, and when they don't I am pleasantly surprised.

The GSX1100G just didn't sell well over here for some reason so Suzuki didn't bother with the 1400. I remember reading an article about a guy in Oz who bought one brand new, and had a shop put a large turbo on it. I don't remember the exact HP but it was over 200! The articles' author did not dare punch it in the corners, but said the straight lines were breathtaking.
Thought at one time I might put a Power Commander on it but really its enough to handle bog stock (with after market 'can' of course). Always the danger of making it a handful in traffic and everyday riding. Love it as is!
Cheers
Longtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 06:24   #143

You are making me jealous again! I am sure I would be happy with a stock one. Unless I bought it in France all new bikes are restricted to 100 HP which arguably should be enough, but then what is the point of buying a Gsx1400?
Old 15-08-2012, 08:02   #144

Great! So many bikers here!..I ride a Suzuki..not as cool as some of the bikes here but Im not as good a rider as you guys also so it okay!
Old 15-08-2012, 14:42   #145

Boat: Jarkan 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
You are making me jealous again! I am sure I would be happy with a stock one. Unless I bought it in France all new bikes are restricted to 100 HP which arguably should be enough, but then what is the point of buying a Gsx1400?
Eeek! That is like cutting the balls off a stallion. For me the GSX1400 is the complete package... start messing with it and something will suffer... IMHO.
I'm too tall for sports bikes, am over fat a$$ed cruisers (been there, done that) and get bored with underpowered bikes. Muscle Bikes 4 me.
Longtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 15:46   #146

Boat: saga kan walker 31ft
Send a message via Skype™ to sctpc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtall
Eeek! That is like cutting the balls off a stallion. For me the GSX1400 is the complete package... start messing with it and something will suffer... IMHO.
I'm too tall for sports bikes, am over fat a$$ed cruisers (been there, done that) and get bored with underpowered bikes. Muscle Bikes 4 me.
Underpowerd bikes are also very dangerous as you can't get away when a car tries to knock you off.

sctpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 17:59   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
If I took 64 Horsepower out of my bike, I might as well ride a scooter or walk,

They wont restrict the HP in cars, so why do they do it too bikes,
Old 16-08-2012, 06:04   #148

France is a nanny state. The majority of cars have few horses because gas(petrol) is over 8 bucks a gal. So that is self regulating.
Don't get me started. I lived there for 7 years and am a bit bitter.
Old 16-08-2012, 15:53   #149

Boat: saga kan walker 31ft
Send a message via Skype™ to sctpc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon
France is a nanny state.
HaHa you have not been to Melbourne Australia

sctpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 17:28   #150
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1984 Catalina 22, 2005 Carolina Skiff 24, 1989 BW Outrage 19, BW SS 15

At Virginia International Raceway a few years ago, after my Harley phase which was after my dirt bike phase during which I broke a rib jumping a double.

Now the bike is relegated to "cheap transportation" and fits my minimalist lifestyle just as well as it used to fit my conspicuous consumer lifestyle.

Yamaha R1, 180HP, about 400 pounds. The only machine I have ever owned that had sufficient HP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike VIR R1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	45037  
Azul is offline   Reply With Quote