Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2019, 04:21   #1

Avalon, Catalina off-season mooring availability

I'm taking my family sailing this weekend and we are planning to go out to Avalon, from Newport Beach. Does anyone have any off season experience when it comes to mooring availability? I know during the summer, getting there by like Thursday is a must - but due to some plan changes, we won't be able to get out there until Saturday. I was hoping this wouldn't be a problem due to it not being summer. Can anyone confirm or provide some insight here? Much appreciated!
werdhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 10:38   #2

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42
Re: Avalon, Catalina off-season mooring availability

This time of year it is generally not a problem. Go and have fun. Looks like safe weather at Avalon this weekend, partly cloudy, light winds, wave height less than 1’.
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2019, 15:09   #3

Great - thank you!
werdhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 06:00   #4

Is there a way to see availability in advance at either Avalon or Two Harbors?
Old 30-03-2019, 06:07   #5

When I was there last they had a web site for reservations. This might be still there.
rtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2019, 06:16   #6

Sure enough... Thanks...

https://ivr.netmooring.com/NetMooring2H/

1. A $25 booking fee will be added to all applicable mooring fees during regular weekends (see fee schedule below). Holiday weekends may incur additional booking fees, and include Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Buccaneer Days.
2. Reservations require a 2 night minimum stay during regular weekends. Holiday weekends require a three day minimum booking.
3. The Harbor Department can extend your stay in Two Harbors after check in.
4. Reservations are non-refundable and guarantee a mooring within a specific cove. The Harbor Department reserves the right to reassign your mooring at any time.
5. The reservation system opens on Thursday evenings at 8 PM and will be available until the following Monday. This system can be used for the coming weekend only. Any requests for dates outside of this window will need to be submitted the Thursday evening just preceding your visit.
6. Reservations do not include Avalon Harbor, Descanso Bay, or Hamilton Cove. They do include Isthmus Cove, Fourth of July Cove, Cherry Cove, Howlands Landing, Emerald Bay, Wells Beach and Catalina Harbor, Whites Landing, Moonstone Cove, Hen Rock, and Buttonshell Cove, and are transferable between those coves.

Tags
catalina, mooring, avalon