Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2010, 12:42   #1

Boat: Looking!
Treasure Island Yacht Club - Clearwater, Fl

I was a guest at the Treasure Island Yacht club on treasure Island in the St Pete Clearwater Area. The Location has undergone a number of changes. 1. It is no longer a private club. Apparently the for owners, exclusivists, managed to exclude almost everyone including enough profit to support the club and they lost it. Someone with bucks came along and baught it and turned it into a for profit marina. They want business! Were very Hospitiable! Bar's expensive butdrinks were decent. Tied up at a dock for 1.50 a foot, pay one night and get one free! Great showers Gym/excercise center, nice restraunt. Wifi reception was week but your welcome to take laptop inside and set at the Bar or a dining table. Works fine there. Everyone I delt with from Sarah, the GM down to the dock master and bar tenders/ waitresses were all super nice. Should I personally find myself back in that area I will be sure to stop there. And no membership required!

Al
avoisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 13:05   #2

Boat: Bristol 29
Interesting! Their website says they are still a private yacht and tennis club with a 600.00 initiation fee to join.
Old 18-02-2010, 16:54   #3

Boat: Looking!
Treasure Island

I didn't investigate too deeply. I just am passing on what I was told by employees in casual conversation. tieing at a`dock did cost us 1.50 per ft, Buy one day and getsecond free. Employees were very attentatve to our needs and obviously wanted our business. I am sure they wanted to
earn back our good will as customers and the customers they lost under previous management. In any case it was a pleasent experience for me!
avoisine is offline   Reply With Quote