Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2009, 19:22   #1

Marinas in Malaysia Near Singapore

Hello,
From the Noonsite Malaysia page:

"There are several small boatyards, often with their own slips, on both coasts of the peninsula but as they are used to working on local craft, standards are not high."

I am looking for a boatyard or marina where I can leave my 31 foot boat for 5 months, mid-September to mid-February. I am looking for a place where I can leave the boat "on the hard" or as they call it over there; dry storage or dry birthing. Hope to find a place around Singapore but in Malaysia.
Any ideas?
Solo
email: mcvouty3@hotmail.com
mcvouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 00:40   #2

Boat: William Garden Ketch
McVouty,

You are correct there are a host of new marinas in Malaysia near Singapore. Putari Harbour and Danga Bay on the West Side There is Sebana Cove and a new sort of marina near the customs and Immigration point near Pengaleh (sp?) and there is also a low cost Malaysian Shipyard called Kong Gong or something similar All of these are close to Changi on the East side of Singapore. Unfortunately none other than the shipyard have hard standing facilities at present. There is also a new Marina in Mallaca but I think you are going to have to go as far as Port Dixon before you find a place that can pull your boat in Malaysia. It is not much better inside of Singapore either. Raffles has dry store but you need to provide trailor and things are pulled with a tractor so not sure if they can get you up or not, they do have a repair yard along with travel lift and full facilities but you would have to negotiate with them if you are just going up for storage. They are called Marina Yacht Services I peresume you can google them to get contact details. Why do you want to lift the boat isn't staying in the slip cheaper?

Hope this helps

Mark
SariTimur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 07:47   #3

Marin near Singaporeas

Mark,
Thanks for the quick response and all of the info. Am I right in thinking you must be in Singapore? Have you seen the facility (slips) at Danga Bay Marina? They were supposed to have completed their marina this spring but not sure this is the case.
I will Google some of the companies you mentioned. Most of Marinas in Singapore are too expensive so has to be Malaysian marinas or shipyards.
Your last sentence is a good question. I will have to think more about this.
Thanks again,
Mcvouty
mcvouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 17:34   #4

Boat: William Garden Ketch
Yes I am in Singapore and yes I have been to Danga Bay. There are pontoons, electricity, water and some of the nicest staff around, also walking distance to bars, restuarants and busses etc to town and hardware. But the facilities are a bit bare i.e. no showers, pool etc. You also can not beat the price!!!
SariTimur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boatyards, Malaysia, marinas, Singapore