Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 04:54   #1

Boat: Albin Vega
London's Gallion's Point Marina

I'm thinking of sailing to London (from Finland) next summer, and Gallion's point marina caught my eye. It looks like it might be somewhat cheaper than other marinas in London. Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they expensive, how's their attitude towards liveaboads?

I sent them an e-mail to clarify their mooring fees, since they don't list them on the website, but am still awaiting reply.
Asmodeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 20:12   #2
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: London's Gallion's Point Marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeane View Post
I'm thinking of sailing to London (from Finland) next summer, and Gallion's point marina caught my eye. It looks like it might be somewhat cheaper than other marinas in London. Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they expensive, how's their attitude towards liveaboads?

I sent them an e-mail to clarify their mooring fees, since they don't list them on the website, but am still awaiting reply.
I've spent quite a bit of time living aboard in London, but never had any luck with gallions point. Phoned a couple of times but they didn't seem interested, no space for my size etc. Anyway, it's a bit out in no man's land and under the runway of city airport. Limehouse or South dock might be a better bet. South dock is council owned and limited to a month if living aboard, and they can be a bit vague if you phone up but I've always got in.
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote