Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2010, 11:08   #1

Boat: Hunter 42 Passage
Send a message via Skype™ to Panamajames
La Ceiba , Honduras - Lagoon Marina

Does anyone have any experience at Lagoon Marina in La Ceiba Honduras?

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.. Gracias
Old 25-06-2010, 13:17   #2

Hi Panama,
I don't have any info but I'm thinking the same thing as you so I'll be watching too.
Adios!
JimmyD
Jimmyd60051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:58   #3

Thumbs up Lagoon Marina

Greg is very helpful. The facilities are in excellent shape, beautiful pool. Safe, secure, well stocked Chanderly, and if they don't have it, Greg will help you get it in quick.

Contact them ahead for dock space, seemed they were always booked out.
LOST 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:45   #4

we were there last March and they always had space for two or three more boats, but it is a small marina. to go to town, you hire a taxi, but it is not expensive. The pool is nice and they have a get-together pot-luck at a cabana once a week. It is only about 4 hours to Utilla and close to other beautiful islands for snorkeling as well.
bbrubach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:42   #5

Boat: 1998 PDQ 36 Capella Classic
Just FYI, the Taxis in La Ceiba do not have meters, so they just charge a flat per person rate. Last Feb when I was there the going rate was 17 limperas per person (just slightly less than 1 USD).

Taxi rides in La Ceiba can be an adventure all their own too!

Cheers,
Mike
Krakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:59   #6

Also, Lagoon Marina offers rides to town for their guests every morning at 9:00 a.m. and sometimes also at 2:00. This is free, but a tip will allow you more flexibility in where you are going. And, you can haul items on the small truck they use - in case you are buying things in town.
bbrubach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 18:09   #7

Boat: 1994 Hunter Passage 42
Send a message via Skype™ to SeFue
SeFue

My wife and I have stayed at Lagoon Marina several times of the past several years. Very nice facilities, pool, laundry and showers. This marina has been for sale for some time and has had its ups and downs as far as customer service. Recent reports are that customer service is now good. It is convienent to the ship yard. The marina has daily trips into La Ceiba which is a great city. We are currently in Roatan and make the occasional trek to La Ceiba. Have a great trip.
SeFue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:41   #8

I had an enjoyable experience at Lagoon Marina and La Ceiba. I would recommend it thoroughly. Nice and very clean facilities. Well secured. Beautiful pool. Well managed and very helpful. Shade in the afternoon as Marina is up river. The bottom of my boat was very clean. Enjoy
Old 25-05-2011, 08:05   #9

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Re: La Ceiba, Honduras - Lagoon Marina

I recently went La Ceiba "Say buh" as the locals pronounce. We had no problems despite all the warnings. And we hit the town long and late. Anyway I'm sorry I cannot answer your question directly but do be careful getting there. This happened the very day we were in La Ceiba in a location not too very far away. Goood Luck.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ras-50969.html
Old 26-06-2011, 18:15   #10

Re: La Ceiba , Honduras - Lagoon Marina

Have been going to that part of Honduras for several years and have used this marina. It is very clean and very nice. Sadly, each trip to Honduras brings more news of more violent crimes........drugs usually being the reason.

A few yrs. ago the marina had it's own horror story when one of the owners was murdered in front of his family while eating out in a resturant in LaCeiba. By no means am I suggesting the victim was involved in drugs. In fact the local story was that he was killed because he refused to allow his marina be used as a means for drugs to pass thru.

We love Honduras and will continue to travel there a couple times a year doing mission work. We try to use our "street smarts" and not let our guard down too much. Beautiful country with lovely small islands a few miles away!
LSUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 05:07   #11

Thumbs up Re: La Ceiba , Honduras - Lagoon Marina

I agree. Lagoon Marina is a place you want to stay and feel secure. It is clean and has a nice pool and run professionally. It will always be a home away from home for us. No shells on my boat after being there 5 months.
Old 27-06-2011, 06:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamajames View Post
I agree. Lagoon Marina is a place you want to stay and feel secure. It is clean and has a nice pool and run professionally. It will always be a home away from home for us. No shells on my boat after being there 5 months.
We're planning a late summer trip to LaCeiba..........maybe we'll see you at the Lagoon Marina.
Old 27-06-2011, 06:58   #13

I don't cruise during the hurricane season so if you want to see me come to the Rio Dulce
Old 27-06-2011, 07:03   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamajames View Post
I don't cruise during the hurricane season so if you want to see me come to the Rio Dulce
Sounds like you've got more sense than my hubby and cousin's husband. They are presently trying to get cousin's hubby's boat to Trinidad for the remainder of hurricane season. They pulled into San Salvador Bahamas this morning for a few minor repairs. Believe Puerto Rico is as far as they will get on this trip.
Old 27-06-2011, 07:13   #15

I would not leave my boat In Puerto Rico during the hurricane season but that is just me.
Why not a shorter trip and leave your boat on the Rio Dulce with 300 other boats. Fresh water lake too.. Why all the way to Trinidad. Alot of sailing misery they dont need. Good luck. If they go to Trinidad then bring good rain gear and a few lightning rods.

Tags
Honduras, honduras, lagoon