Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2010, 13:01   #1

Boat: Valiant 40 - Magda Jean
Ensenada Marinas

Has anyone had any experience with Sergio's marina? Does anyone have any particular Ensenada marina stories/tips/recommendations/warnings? We plan to stay there for about three - four days. Any information is appreciated.
sailbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 13:07   #2

Boat: J40 #33 since 1987
We were at Baja Naval for the holidays and Sergios Marina was in disarray. I have stayed at Sergios previously, but this time the slips were empty and seemed to be damaged. Maybe they were doing repairs, but we saw no boats there in December 2009. You need to ask about the "new and improved" Sergios or why they were empty then.
sded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 15:25   #3

Boat: Piver tri Serena
Sergio's Marina is mostly a set of docks used by the local sportfishing charter boats. I've spoken with Sergio a few times, and he seems like a nice man. And he'd Really like to have more yatistas staying there. But it's not a quiet marina, especially 4 - 5 a.m. when the sportfishing boats warm up their engines, take passengers onboard and zoom out. Security at Sergio's was not as good as next door at Baja Naval Marina. But, on the other hand, Sergio's may suffice as an overflow place to land for a couple days if you can't get into Baja Naval or Cruiseport Village Marina or Marina Coral. Beyond Sergio's, there's a couple more tiny "marinas" that are less well suited for yachts and have suffered damage to the docks and boats at them during south storms. If you dock at Sergio's or the others, fender very well and don't plan on privacy. Actually, all the marinas in Ensenada can get surgey in south weather or heavy NW winds. I'm fairly familiar with Ensenada marinas. Last time I was there was in November 2009, and I don't think there's anything new or improved so far this year. I hope that's not too discouraging. Fender well.
Nagivator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marinas