Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2010, 17:17   #1

Boat: '70 Soverel 33 (v.1)
Advice on Marinas on FL East Coast (North)

Hello, Thanks to all who chipped in thoughts on my question about trucking my "new" boat across Florida... but, having thought about it more, I realize I have the time (and the desire) to just make the trip (Sarasota area to New England) by water... I do have to make a couple trips back to NE for work and so am looking for advice/suggestions from others with more experience: Any tips for a good place to leave the boat (for 2 days at most) in the Ft Pierce to Atlantic Beach (FL) area? I figure I can get to either the Orlando or Jacksonville airports to grab a flight north. I will probably have one crew staying on the boat but don't need "amenities"-- just a reliable place to tie the boat up for a few days. Thanks,
Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 17:49   #2

Boat: Dean 400, 40' catamaran, Daruma
We found ourselves in much the same position, moving a boat along the coast and having to fly out.
We stayed about 6 weeks in Cocoa Village Marina on the intra coastal and saw the last shuttle launch to take place in the dark, awesome. The marina and the folks are top notch, bus to stores cheap and easy and car rental picks up at the door.
Lots and lots of great anchorages on the intra coastal. We ended up on the dry at St Augustine Marine, real helpful, and rented a car one way to Jacksonville and flew to Ottawa 1 way for $98.00 each.
Can't wait to head back.
dlockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 18:33   #3

Boat: Oyster Mariner 35
If you are doing off shore jumps, Port Canaveral has Cape Marina, or Cocoa Beach Yacht Club. They are safe and would be right on SR 528 which is a straight line to Orlando Airport. These would be a bit out of the way if you are doing straight intracoastal however. Enjoy your trip!
Old 26-06-2010, 12:30   #4

Boat: Far East Mariner 40
Beach Marine at Jax Beach is a nice marina. 30 min to airport.
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, marinas