Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 11:59   #31
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
But we all do have our personallities, and wait until Knottybuoys starts his rath. ...................................._/)
I don't do rath! I just like to stir the pot once in awhile. Remember my old signature? "Provocateur"!

Besides I'm too busy right now spending money on e-Bay. I think Knottygirlz is gonna take my password away soon! I'm OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:41   #32
Marine Service Provider

Ahh…my dear Mr Copper what consternation you thrust upon my befuddled mind this morn. The joy of the wondrous coffee beans dark nectar had yet to course thy veins leaving one in a semi-distressed state on absorbing your utterances. As a response to your fearfulness may one be allowed to attempt to fix a virtual parchment to the spars of this mighty fine ship.

Yes, one can admit to professing a streak of opinions thru too but not limited by a splash of obstinance. But equally one can admit one is wrong unless ones beloved other-half, Petal of the Pacific, is within eye balling range to which one will deny any said utterance vigorously.

As a newly installed apprentice to the many existing fine Masters of this equally fine vessel one is well aware he now is in possession of the wondrous power of the big red button, hence forth known as the BRB. One is also aware power can be for good equally as it can be for evil. My requirements and indeed intentions as said apprentice preclude me from using the BRB for my own personal gain, stifling any utterances one doesn’t necessarily personally agree with or even just for fun. One would like to assure you Mr Cooper that any utterances of yourself or any other crew of this fine vessel that do not transgress the rulings of the Admiral of the Fleet will be left in a virginal state, not be subject to the editing spell and will not cause a depression of the BFB.

I can assure you ones personal opinions will not be inflicted upon anyone in the form of this apprentice moderators fondling. But equally said moderator will be expressing opinions as and when required and in the form he usually tries very hard to do. Thus being reasoned, reasonable and constructive with a slash of light heartedness when at all possible. As always one invites Mr Cooper, indeed anyone, to challenge said utterances but again, as always, in an equally constructive, reasonable manner without breaching the Admirals rules.

If this apprentice is seen to be flying a bit to free from the masthead please feel free to PM and discuss said concerns. Said apprentice will not bite and will consider any said utterances will all due respect they deserve.

I must admit Mr Cooper and a few other of his countrymen could very well have a level of concern that would be slightly higher than most others as this apprentice is in NZ. Mr Cooper and country people do have an added level of dangerous water to transverse being from the West Island hence will suffer extra over site when discussions turn to rugby or netball. Please feel free to keep cricket and Russell Crow. As the whether this apprentice will be able to withstand the inevitable gloating if the impossible happens i.e. The AB's lose the Bledisloe Cup to the Wallabies, time will tell but I'm hopeful that time will never come.

Now at the end of this utterance I hope Mr Coopers troubled heart is more at rest with the assurance from this apprentice that my intentions are all goodly and I’m well aware that 'those who make decisions with power wear the stab wounds of the disgruntled'. That is a great utterance by the way.

As to utterances by Mr GordMay, I'm in with you Mr Cooper i.e. a lowly learner compared to the Master of many many a knowledgeable and humorous utterance.
Long may it continue.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:50   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
My requirements and indeed intentions as said apprentice preclude me from using the BRB for my own personal gain
Andy never said where he keeps the petty cash let alone loose change. Everything in the back room is basically nailed to the floor (i checked).
Old 07-03-2008, 14:11   #34
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... it is a darn good THANG that I have my feet up on the desk.
Old 07-03-2008, 15:56   #35

Ah Mr Gmac I take solace in your words. We on this the sunnier side of the Tasman have always been generous in our nature. I am sure you have noticed our gift of the opossum, and in such generous quantities too. As for Russel Crow we always did understand that he was only a loan and we now insist that you take him back. I am sorry for your befudlement, (i transfered from the remnants and wroth of the red grape to the benifits of the black bean at dawn) thus allowing my eye to gaze upon my quill without to much haze. (As a complete digression " Remember : Never tell a man who is holding a sword that your pen is mightier ) ........Back to the discussion at hand....I fear not the power ye wield in the BRB for I am not easily riled by words of controversy or insult, "not that such correspondence would ever come from you kind sir" (he sweeps across the quarter deck flicking his cloak as he goes turning with a large smile...) My previous inadequate musings are merely to appease the god of humour. I know that should the real enemy arise that I and the and all of your kind would stand shoulder to shoulder till the very last man ( who will quietly slink off into the dark)....
A TOAST TO YOU AND ALL OF THE NEW OFFICERS SAY I.......

As to the spelling ,...do you know how hard it is to ignore evry third word having a red line beneathe it ? (Besides I speak Australian...)
Old 07-03-2008, 16:57   #36
Marine Service Provider

Mr Cooper Sir, may I thank you for your gracious and humorous reply if maybe not the Opossums or as someone here is trying to market them to Asia as 'Kiwi Bears'. As to the suggestion of sending Russell Crow back here I suggest he will be hard to move from the land of the Souths (I believe it is) and he is firmly ensconced in your fair even if very dry land. In other words 'He's yours now baby so enjoy"

I have little reason to fear we will be standing side by side until the last man as I am thinking that at the 1st site of any invaders or malcontent's the entire crew from the Admiral down will all rally together in defence of this mighty ship. I have seen this happen and was highly joyed at the site of such teamwork.

As for your fine self I will continue to enjoy the banter like we have engaged in on more than one occasion. May I also add any befuddlement by me earlier this a.m. was purely due to the dearth of the coffee beans fine liquor. I, a bit like yourself I suspect, am rather thick in the hide and don't rile easy unless very serious provoked or are in very sound facts contrary to the very odd highly misleading post. I'm sure you have witnessed what I mean here. Then in saying that, if the Wallabies win all bets are off

May I wish you and everyone a mighty fine weekend.
Old 07-03-2008, 17:01   #37
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler View Post
We are pleased to announce that we have starting today, a new team of moderators. <snip>
" . . . man, proud man, Dress'd in a little brief authority . . . "

William Shapespeare, Measure for Measure (Act II, scene ii)

TaoJones
Old 07-03-2008, 17:15   #38

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
" . . . man, proud man, Dress'd in a little brief authority . . . "

William Shapespeare, Measure for Measure (Act II, scene ii)

TaoJones
Humm, I do spend a lot of time here in my brief's. As for their authority, they just come in different colors with lit'l pictures.
Old 07-03-2008, 17:26   #39

....MR Gmac come quick ,its your first chance, Delmarrey just stepped way over the line, and I was eating lunch,,,
Old 07-03-2008, 17:38   #40

new moderators

Wait! Another long week at work...need pertinent photos from Delmarry before you shut him down
Old 07-03-2008, 17:43   #41
Marine Service Provider

I did see that but then as I can't see 'that' I'm thinking,
1- his post is OK even if the mental image isn't high on my need to know list and
2- I'm thankful of no photo but
3- I'm slightly upset at no photo as I'm now a highly trained dodgy photo destroying machine in search of business and sitting here like a coiled spring
Old 07-03-2008, 17:46   #42

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
OK!

Quote:
Wait! Another long week at work...need pertinent photos from Delmarry before you shut him down
Here ya go........................._/)

Old 07-03-2008, 18:12   #43

new moderators

C'mon. You nicked that from Gunner....
Old 07-03-2008, 18:26   #44
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
For those of you that have been wondering what lurks beneath that lil' sailor suit and hat of Delmarry's here ya go!!!

KnottyGirlz snapped that when they met in the PI last year!
Old 07-03-2008, 18:56   #45

Ummm.. not leaving 'till I get the "Full Monty" from Delmarrry....perhaps with the caption.."Moderate This".....yesss...that'll do it!
Closed Thread