Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 12-02-2008, 19:59   #91

Boat: Hans Christian Christina 43
We are new and have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but we hope you will accept our deepest sympathy...we can't imagine anything more painful than the loss of a child. One thing that you can hold on to is her memory and keeping it long as you do that, she will live on in your hearts... Jack & Lola

jack & lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 20:06   #92

Boat: Ovni 445
Along with everyone else I send you my deepest sympathies. My heart aches for your loss.

My blog
Stella Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 20:33   #93

Boat: Pearson Triton 28
I couldn't express my ache for you better than Schoonerdog. May your family find peace and continue to pursue your dreams.
Mahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 21:11   #94

Boat: Holland 10.5 metre "Xaviera"
My deepest sympathies also.

Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 21:20   #95

Boat: Hartley 32 RORC; Vixen
My cousin's 17 year old son was killed in a car accident recently and as I watch his great pain, I can only imagine.

My son left to go back to university in Tasmania yesterday, and we miss him like crazy because he is not around.

We can only begin to imagine the pain of losing the child you have given life to, nurtured, taught and loved.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

You will never forget, but in time the pain will become bearable.

Be strong, trust in your God.
Steve Kidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 16:13   #96

Boat: Boatless
We have rarely dared to wonder what it would be like to lose one of our kids - both in their 20s'. Sharon and I send our deepest heartfelt prayer for you during this time, may Gods peace be there.
Bob and Sharon
bob and sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 07:19   #97
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Farr 11.6 (AKA Farr 38) Synergy

I have been away from the internet, and this site for a while due to far more minor trials of my own than the one that you are living through and regret that I have not seen this and responded sooner.

I am so deeply saddened to hear of your loss. I think that bringing children to life and raising them well, more than any act, embodies an deeply held optimism and sense of hope for the future of the world. I cannot even begin to imagine how crushing the loss of a child would be to that sense of hope and joy.

I can only repeat what others have said above, please take whatever comfort that you and your family can from knowing that you are loved by your friends and your G-d, and from their hopeful thoughts and prayers for your recovery, such as it may be, that come from deep in the hearts of your many friends.

I hope that you can find peace soon, and use your sense of loss to bind you even closer to the remainer of your family so that there is less love lost, just redistributed and returned.

Be well as you can my friend,
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:59   #98
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
How can one feel or be consoled when their heart has been ripped apart.
Take your son sailing and know that the wind that urges you onward is the soft voice of the daughter that knows her parents will love her forever.
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:02   #99
Old Salts

I just learned of this today.
Gunner & family, hang in there.

bobola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 19:56   #100

Boat: Beneteau 36
Gord :

Thank you for initiating this thread of heartfelt concern & prayers for our friends Gunner & Judy.

I learned of this horrible tragedy today when Gunner sent a message along to a few of us who have corresponded with him in the past.

Although words can do little to reduce the pain of such unfair sadness, Mary & I join with so many others here to express our sympathy at the loss of Amanda Faye.

Remember us Gunner & Judy, who have come to know you only through the medium of the internet...her passing touches all of us, and our sympathy & prayers extend from wherever we are today to stand beside you, to offer support & the strength friendship in the face of such unforseen sorrow.

Paul & Mary Ouellette,
Windsor Ontario.
Winpipe Homepage
Paul Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 13:03   #101
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
This week will mark the first year of not having Amanda. I wanted to thank everyone that prayed for us , sent messages, and contributed to Hospise in her name. This past year was unbeleivable. It is amazing how empty our lives now are. All of our drams goals and disires are mostly gone now. We have been told that oneday it will start to return, and now that all of the "firsts" are over maybe we can move ahead again. One thing that has been a true blessing is the friends that have supported us at home and on this site. Thank you all.
irwinsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 13:26   #102

Location: Working on the new boat getting ready for first shake down cruise. Currently on the east coast of the US.
Boat: Peterson 44.
Our deepest sympathies on your loss. Our thoughts are with you both at this time.
S/V Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 13:34   #103

Boat: Mac 26x
This is the first time that ive read this thread,my imediate reaction was to ring my daughter up to check that she made the drive back to University this afternoon,all is well.

As a father of two girls and one son,i can only begin to imagine just how painfull this last year must have been

my heartfelt sympathies to you and your familly

bastonjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 13:59   #104

Boat: Morgan OI 30' Itinerant
Condolence with Faith

First I've heard of your loss and I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Its one of those things in life that are just not supposed to happen and a good reminder of how important it is to love life and never take a family member for granted. Its why I tell my 3 grown children "I love you" everytime we speak. I get wonderful consolation in reading Psalms and about the resurrection God promises. I pray he continues to help you along. Joe
A man who is not afraid of the sea will soon be drowned, he said, for he will be going out on a day he shouldn't. But we do be afraid of the sea, and we only be drowned now and again.

J.M.Synge, in The Aran Islands
Boomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 14:25   #105

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Gunner...You truly are the best. In August I experienced my second heart attack and while in the hospital the loss of my father. We never got to talk to each other because of the circumstances. I was not going to talk about this in the forum but it seem appropriate since I am struggling to get back on my feet and identifying with you at the moment. So thank you for hanging in there. You are giving me hope. I now need to make some hard decisions and change where I live due to lack of medical facilities on the island.
I have always admired the dignity with which you have displayed through these difficult times you are going through. My personal experience have brought my Son and myself closer. Take care my friend. You will be in my prayers

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: