Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 30-09-2010, 12:52   #136

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Sending you lots of good thoughts. Just so sad to hear this turn of events. I wish I had something perfect to say, but I don't. I am just so, sorry.

S/V Ceol Mor
42 Nassau Undergoing refit in Kemah, Tx
Our little blog has moved:
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 12:58   #137

****, that is just awful. I hope the future finds you in a better place . You are in our prayers.

Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 13:28   #138

Boat: Shiva - Contest 36s
Thank you for the courage to relate this heartbreaking story. It reminds us all of tenuous and fragile our existence is and how easily everything and anything in our world can be ripped from its moorings and leave us adrift.

You don't and can't win this, you only try to make it to the end without having to face hell getting there.

Count your blessings and add this to your wisdom and it will make you stronger.

Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 13:28   #139

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
Gunner, we have not met virtually or in real life, but this thread just makes my heart ache for your Losses. I am truly sorry. My first sailing experiences were with my Dad on an Irwin 25, and while our relationship has been challenged by my parent's divorce, that love of the sea has continued to tie us together, and we have had to fight for every bit of our father/daughter relationship surviving.

I just hope for you that you have a support system in place in addition to the one here on CF, and that even in this immense pain you can still feel your daughter's Spirit all around. I want to believe that the future holds in store for you healing, Love, and a restoration of your dreams...I will pray for that for you.

Please take care...
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 13:34   #140

As you can see I have lurked for some time and post rarely. I have been away from the sea for many years and am getting closer to getting back. I had followed your progress on the A.F. for some time and it was obvious the pride and comfort you took on getting her ready for the big adventure. Needless to say as an outsider I felt such heartbreak over your sudden loss of your daughter and then witness the second loss of your dreams. I am again saddened by the recent developement in your life. I truly wish there was something to say, do or inspire but I am at a loss. You are a class act my friend (if I may be so bold) and the world is a better place for the likes of you. Again in your dark times you seek to inspire others. Please know that your words carry meaning for many here and one day when I rejoin the sea fareng community, I would be proud to have you lend some advice or walk on her deck. Take care and please help on this forum, I am sure a few would second that plea.
Gongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 14:58   #141
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Back to just the Jon boat.

I am without words.

I can only hope something improves for you.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 14:58   #142

Boat: Hans Christian 36'
I am deeply saddened by your loss. My thoughts are with you fellow sailor.
Red Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 18:12   #143
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
There are very few people who can really understand your loss and your pain. Any words I attempt to write will sound hallow but the sympathy and hope for you is real.

I am very glad that you thought of this forum and your friends here in your time of need.

Take each day one at a time and search for your inner strength.
Relax Lah! is For Sale <--- Click
Click--> Custom CF Google Search or CF Rules
You're gonna need a bigger boat... - Martin Brody
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 18:29   #144

Boat: 22' Avalon Pontoon - The WINE BARge
God knows if there was something I could say to give you comfort I would say it over and over.
RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 19:13   #145

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch

Im praying for you brother..My heart aches for you as well.
"Go simple, go large!".

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 21:13   #146
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

I'm sorry to hear of your losses. It's hard to imagine how you feel. It's important in times like these to not slide down the slippery slope of depression. Although you have lots of things about which to be depressed, you can't give in to despair. You have to hold on and go through the disaster and then reorganize when you get to the other side.

I once nearly died in a car accident in New Zealand - the accident was in the middle of our trip around the world on Exit Only. Recovery took more than a year, but I did live to sail again. My dream had to be modified to fit my new physical circumstances.

Things (stuff) can be replaced, and dreams can be modified as long as you don't give in to despair. After I was run over by the Mac Truck Of Life in New Zealand, I made a website that deals with depression and getting life back on line. Here is what I learned during my recovery: GOOD-BYE DEPRESSION* HELLO POSITIVE MIND - WIN THE BATTLE AGAINST DEPRESSION - DAVID J. ABBOTT M.D.

You have taken some of the biggest hits that a person can take, but at least you survived. There is hope, and your dreams can be modified. You should talk to a professional who can sort things out a bit for you so that you don't bog down, and you can start moving forward once again.

God bless you as you establish your new life.
Dave -Sailing Vessel Exit Only
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 21:52   #147

Boat: Farr 44 Ocean Racer - Pit crew & backup helm.

I, like a lot of others on the forum do not know you personally but we are all incredibly moved by the family trauma that you have gone through over the past couple of years and our hearts go out to you.

You have certainly gone through so much and everyone here wants to help you through in any way that we can.

I realise that you are in Michigan but if you ever feel that it would help you and you want to take a break and get away from it all I would be happy for you to stay at my home in Sydney Australia and come and do some sailing with us.

All the very best to you.......Steve
Ozbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 22:10   #148

Boat: Van de Stadt Victory 40 ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to kismet
Carry on.
I spent all my money on booze, boats and broads. And the rest of it, I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
next is the proof
kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 00:40   #149
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Privilege 37
What can anyone really say that will make any difference to the way you must be feeling. Everyone handles stuff differently, but I fould that being able to talk about it to friends has really helped, and I hope that the responses on this forum are having the same result. It is very trite to say that the bad will eventually fade, but what is more important is to focus on the good times you have had in the same level of detail as the bad.

It is very easy at this stage to allow all that has happened to you to become the sum of your existence, but your boys must also be going through hell, and it is a frequently observed phenonemom that the child blames themselves for some imagined cause that has lead to this situation.

I hope that you can get through this and eventually regain some hapiness in your lives. Future dreams are a large part of that recovery process.
"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss."
Robert A Heinlein
Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 00:50   #150

IrwinSailor - I'm sorry to hear how things have turned out for you.

Don't know what else to say, except that I hope things improve for you.

Arthur Dent: "I wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was younger"
Ford Prefect: "Why? What did she say?"
Arthur: "I don't know - I didn't listen!!"
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: