Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2011, 17:07   #76
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
bend over and take it like a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by At sea View Post
My initial bah humbug in post #3 was for the green badge 'innovation'.

This bah humbug is for most of the responses of the annointed which followed. Seriously, there is a whole PhD in this thread alone. The fawning and R Slicking and the cringing obsequiousness of many of the annointed is ready evidence for the old adage about giving a bloke a uniform. Or maybe it's the massive saving off the retail price of $14.95?

Maybe some of you don't realise that CF is a business just like any other, and that this is the shopfront. It ain't pure charity, you know...every one of us adds to the bottom line.
Old 28-01-2011, 17:13   #77

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Thumbs up

Not a bad idea - just wait till I clear a few bills and have the boat ready for sea!
Old 28-01-2011, 17:14   #78
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
far as i can figger-- nothing has changed--we are all still same--- i just woke up with a green pillow under my feets and couldnt figger out how or why....very strange--beenspanked here enough i couldnt immediately figger it...
Old 28-01-2011, 17:31   #79
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

too much love

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
far as i can figger-- nothing has changed--we are all still same--- i just woke up with a green pillow under my feets and couldnt figger out how or why....very strange--beenspanked here enough i couldnt immediately figger it...
zee all good things come to those that have good in their hearts,.........
much love captain chaotico aka atoll
Old 28-01-2011, 17:42   #80
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Hey atoll, I heard you were going to get the green badge, but then you started this one....http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...del-53773.html
Old 28-01-2011, 17:46   #81
CLOD

Boat: none
I had to go back to Andy's orginal posting because I couldn't remember how this all started. I don't use any of the special updated features that I get with my free upgrade, so I don't feel I'm getting some big deal. But thanks!

But personally I am disappointed with some of the postings here so far. I didn't really realize how many babies the site now has. I only have 1 person on my ignoe list but lately there are lots of possibles. Maybe it's a winter crazies thing but the last couple of months I think have a lot of negative posts etc.
Old 28-01-2011, 17:52   #82
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
we all need to go sailing asap.....
Old 28-01-2011, 18:29   #83

Boat: Able 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by At sea View Post
My initial bah humbug in post #3 was for the green badge 'innovation'.

This bah humbug is for most of the responses of the annointed which followed. Seriously, there is a whole PhD in this thread alone. The fawning and R Slicking and the cringing obsequiousness of many of the annointed is ready evidence for the old adage about giving a bloke a uniform. Or maybe it's the massive saving off the retail price of $14.95?

Maybe some of you don't realise that CF is a business just like any other, and that this is the shopfront. It ain't pure charity, you know...every one of us adds to the bottom line.

Correct . . . . typed as there is an American Express commercial merrily flashing on the upper right side of my screen.
Old 28-01-2011, 18:34   #84

Boat: Skookum 53'
At Sea,
there is an old saying, "An ass unkissed is an opportunity missed" if was a favorite saying of one of my mates. I don't consider graciousness a feature of fawning. Good manners does not demean you, it does make the world a little more pleasant.
Old 28-01-2011, 18:37   #85
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate ha ha you shoud see te post on jimmy cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
Hey atoll, I heard you were going to get the green badge, but then you started this one....http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...del-53773.html
plagarism rules ok
"I always wondered how that book became popular - it is almost identical to Ocean passages produced by the British Admiralty, which has been around for years and at the time was way cheaper, good marketing I guess. "
NO PLAGARISM

i have a signed copy here of 1st edition of cornells book by toby fletcher son of dottie and albert of "duen" who world cruising routes is dedicated to
,tobys comment was jimmy used our stories and published them,but thats what jounalists do.

suppose someone is all ways going to get ffed over at some one eles'es expense allways

plagarism is the journalists #1 tool,self promotion #2,met jimmy in st lucia,89,antigua 93 ,vanuatu in 2003,he has done very well for himself.

are you a wolf or a sheep one has to ask ones self?

between jimmy on avontura and mike on pangolin they have almost single handedly destroyed the world of cruising that we used to enjoy before it became available to any body who couldn't use a sextant .

as a commercial interest they have benifited enourmously .
their destinations not so well,but that is by the buy,since they sold the arc to another self promoter,could go on and mention other names buttttt
Attached Thumbnails

Old 28-01-2011, 18:46   #86

Atoll,
Talk about a head rush, I met Dottie and Albert on their voyage, in 1977 we met at the atoll Aritika, my family and I were on a voyage ourselves. What a trip! The "Duen" is a wonderful wooden vessel, I believe it was a converted Norwegian Trawler, as they explained it, the vessels were originally sail until the advent of diesel engines, and then they converted her back to sail again. She had massive wooden beams that ran athwarship at the bow and stern, you had to duck under them to enter the main cabin. Talk about a blast from the past.
Old 28-01-2011, 18:54   #87
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

toby is a good friend of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
Atoll,
Talk about a head rush, I met Dottie and Albert on their voyage, in 1977 we met at the atoll Aritika, my family and I were on a voyage ourselves. What a trip! The "Duen" is a wonderful wooden vessel, I believe it was a converted Norwegian Trawler, as they explained it, the vessels were originally sail until the advent of diesel engines, and then they converted her back to sail again. She had massive wooden beams that ran athwarship at the bow and stern, you had to duck under them to enter the main cabin. Talk about a blast from the past.
increadible how small the world is once you have been around it a few times and over it another few times,your memory is correct,they crossed the pacific a few times,knew the son toby in st martin in 1990- 93
Old 28-01-2011, 19:01   #88

Way cool! I never met Toby, but Dottie and Albert are great people. I never heard about them again until just now. Are Dottie and Albert still living?
Old 28-01-2011, 19:04   #89
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

sent you a pm capn58 not sure about the folks but toby is on fbook
Old 28-01-2011, 19:37   #90

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
i can see one issue with the new class of contributor, er, first class passengers, er, elite, er...uh... well, if those holding a gratis green ticket ain't more equal then the rest of us, that makes them the windowlickers on the shortbus, and nobody's gonna be preening and saying thanks for THAT appellation. simply, as has been demonstrated, there is apparently a growing opinion that "if my contribution ain't good enough to get a free pass, I sure as hell ain't gonna buy my way in."

As if the snide passive/aggressive snobbery of anonymous reporting sensibility-offending posts isn't adequately defining the unwannabes, now we have labels to make it clear to all.
Feel free to vote me off the island.
Closed Thread