Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2016, 22:08   #16

Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
Yes. As long as the boat is staying in australia you probably wont need to register it with AMSA

At 60 meters it sounds like its going to be a commercial vessel. Is it?
It's for recreational, not a commercial vessel.
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 22:11   #17

Boat: Traditional 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmen View Post
Thank you, i will contact the broker you provided. The problem now is the berthing, RMS told me that there is no suitable berthing for a 60m catamaran. Do you mean if the boat is for international travel, i have to register it at AMSA, not RMS?
As far as Larger Berthing is concerned it may be worth talking to these guys.. https://dalboramarinas.com.au/services/superyacht/

I know they also berth superyachts in Roselle (Sydney)..

Hmm... Are you shipping it from China? Or is it coming under its own power?

If its coming under its own power then Yes, you will most likely need Amsa rego. Else register in China then change the Rego to NSW rms when it gets here.
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 23:24   #18

Boat: Lightwave 38' Catamaran - now sold

By the way, do you realise you cannot get a 2 metre long boat, let alone a 60 m long boat, into the lake at The Entrance?
clownfishsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 23:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfishsydney View Post
By the way, do you realise you cannot get a 2 metre long boat, let alone a 60 m long boat, into the lake at The Entrance?
Haha, im not sure, there is a bridge there. The owner said they can do it, then not my business
Old 20-05-2016, 00:05   #20

Quote:
As far as Larger Berthing is concerned it may be worth talking to these guys.. https://dalboramarinas.com.au/services/superyacht/

I know they also berth superyachts in Roselle (Sydney)..
Weird, their site blocks Swedish IP addresses
Old 20-05-2016, 00:30   #21

Karmen,

Is it correct to assume that

1) The vessel is built outside of Australia.
2) The lack of current Chinese or wherever registration means that it will arrive in Australia on a ship.
3) The Chinese owner has and Australian registered company which will be the registered owner of the vessel.
4) You have an customs agent who will be handling the importation of the Vessel.
5) The vessel will remain in Australia "permanently" which is why there is no "flag of convenience"

Do you have a skipper employed who will be present during the unloading and then sail it to it's home waters? And if so, is this person in Australia or will they come from China?

The NSW state registration does not look like it is too much of a difficulty, so maybe the skipper can take care of the registration in the days just before the vessel is unloaded?
Old 20-05-2016, 00:48   #22

Quote:
Haha, im not sure, there is a bridge there. The owner said they can do it, then not my business
Nope. you can not get a boat bigger than 10 ft into The Entrance Channel. (have lived here for 40 years and grew up on the Lake) They will need to keep it at Pittwater or Sydney.
Old 20-05-2016, 01:03   #23

Boat: Lagoon 410 (now sold)

Karmen, I think you need to start at the beginning and address the questions about the current situation with the boat. And you originally said it is for use at The Entrance, which has been pointed is unviable.

Then your "don't care, not my problem" type of response leaves me wondering why.
Old 20-05-2016, 01:05   #24

Quote:
Hello, I have a yacht going to use and register in The Entrance, NSW. I know that we can register the yacht by ourselves, but im in China and i don't know much about that. Could anyone help to give me one company agent who can help me register the yacht?

Pls it's urgent, thank you very much.
Got any photos of the Yacht btw. We would love to see them
Old 20-05-2016, 03:59   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Karmen,

Is it correct to assume that

1) The vessel is built outside of Australia.
2) The lack of current Chinese or wherever registration means that it will arrive in Australia on a ship.
3) The Chinese owner has and Australian registered company which will be the registered owner of the vessel.
4) You have an customs agent who will be handling the importation of the Vessel.
5) The vessel will remain in Australia "permanently" which is why there is no "flag of convenience"

Do you have a skipper employed who will be present during the unloading and then sail it to it's home waters? And if so, is this person in Australia or will they come from China?

The NSW state registration does not look like it is too much of a difficulty, so maybe the skipper can take care of the registration in the days just before the vessel is unloaded?
Yes,all are correct. The Chinese owner do not know much about the certificate or registration stuff. We as the yacht designer, should have to consider this for him. That's why I contacted AMSA and RMS to clear the problem, because im the first time to handle this. We do not worry about anything before because our old customers are Australian, they are familiar with that.
Old 20-05-2016, 04:05   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
Karmen, I think you need to start at the beginning and address the questions about the current situation with the boat. And you originally said it is for use at The Entrance, which has been pointed is unviable.

Then your "don't care, not my problem" type of response leaves me wondering why.
Because the owner have a very large project at The Entrance and he wants his boat to be there. We have look at the picture that there is a bridge which can not enter such a large boat. But the owner said it's not a big deal, maybe they can put it somewhere. So I just need to find a agent to do registration work.
Old 20-05-2016, 04:08   #27

Quote:
Got any photos of the Yacht btw. We would love to see them
Sorry, the boat is still under design stage. We just want to clear some questions before construction. I will upload pictures, in 2 years maybe.

Tags
registration, yacht