Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2016, 23:08   #16
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
Yes. As long as the boat is staying in australia you probably wont need to register it with AMSA

At 60 meters it sounds like its going to be a commercial vessel. Is it?
It's for recreational, not a commercial vessel.
__________________

__________________
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 23:11   #17
Registered User
 
ozskipper's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NSW Australia
Boat: Traditional 30
Posts: 1,981
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmen View Post
Thank you, i will contact the broker you provided. The problem now is the berthing, RMS told me that there is no suitable berthing for a 60m catamaran. Do you mean if the boat is for international travel, i have to register it at AMSA, not RMS?
As far as Larger Berthing is concerned it may be worth talking to these guys.. https://dalboramarinas.com.au/services/superyacht/

I know they also berth superyachts in Roselle (Sydney)..

Hmm... Are you shipping it from China? Or is it coming under its own power?

If its coming under its own power then Yes, you will most likely need Amsa rego. Else register in China then change the Rego to NSW rms when it gets here.
__________________

__________________
Cheers
Oz
...............
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 00:24   #18
Registered User
 
clownfishsydney's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Boat: Lightwave 38' Catamaran
Posts: 304
Re: Yacht Registration

By the way, do you realise you cannot get a 2 metre long boat, let alone a 60 m long boat, into the lake at The Entrance?
__________________
Michael and Kelly
Catlypso - Web Site
Lightwave 38' cat
clownfishsydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 00:47   #19
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfishsydney View Post
By the way, do you realise you cannot get a 2 metre long boat, let alone a 60 m long boat, into the lake at The Entrance?
Haha, im not sure, there is a bridge there. The owner said they can do it, then not my business
__________________
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 01:05   #20
Registered User
 
hoppy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40
Posts: 2,842
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
As far as Larger Berthing is concerned it may be worth talking to these guys.. https://dalboramarinas.com.au/services/superyacht/

I know they also berth superyachts in Roselle (Sydney)..
Weird, their site blocks Swedish IP addresses
__________________
S/Y Jessabbé http://www.jessabbe.com/
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 01:30   #21
Registered User
 
hoppy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40
Posts: 2,842
Re: Yacht Registration

Karmen,

Is it correct to assume that

1) The vessel is built outside of Australia.
2) The lack of current Chinese or wherever registration means that it will arrive in Australia on a ship.
3) The Chinese owner has and Australian registered company which will be the registered owner of the vessel.
4) You have an customs agent who will be handling the importation of the Vessel.
5) The vessel will remain in Australia "permanently" which is why there is no "flag of convenience"

Do you have a skipper employed who will be present during the unloading and then sail it to it's home waters? And if so, is this person in Australia or will they come from China?

The NSW state registration does not look like it is too much of a difficulty, so maybe the skipper can take care of the registration in the days just before the vessel is unloaded?
__________________
S/Y Jessabbé http://www.jessabbe.com/
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 01:48   #22
Registered User
 
ozskipper's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NSW Australia
Boat: Traditional 30
Posts: 1,981
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmen View Post
Haha, im not sure, there is a bridge there. The owner said they can do it, then not my business
Nope. you can not get a boat bigger than 10 ft into The Entrance Channel. (have lived here for 40 years and grew up on the Lake) They will need to keep it at Pittwater or Sydney.
__________________
Cheers
Oz
...............
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 02:03   #23
Senior Cruiser
 
Wanderlust's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NSW Central Coast
Boat: Lagoon 410
Posts: 499
Re: Yacht Registration

Karmen, I think you need to start at the beginning and address the questions about the current situation with the boat. And you originally said it is for use at The Entrance, which has been pointed is unviable.

Then your "don't care, not my problem" type of response leaves me wondering why.
__________________
Steve
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 02:05   #24
Registered User
 
ozskipper's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NSW Australia
Boat: Traditional 30
Posts: 1,981
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmen View Post
Hello, I have a yacht going to use and register in The Entrance, NSW. I know that we can register the yacht by ourselves, but im in China and i don't know much about that. Could anyone help to give me one company agent who can help me register the yacht?

Pls it's urgent, thank you very much.
Got any photos of the Yacht btw. We would love to see them
__________________
Cheers
Oz
...............
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 04:59   #25
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Karmen,

Is it correct to assume that

1) The vessel is built outside of Australia.
2) The lack of current Chinese or wherever registration means that it will arrive in Australia on a ship.
3) The Chinese owner has and Australian registered company which will be the registered owner of the vessel.
4) You have an customs agent who will be handling the importation of the Vessel.
5) The vessel will remain in Australia "permanently" which is why there is no "flag of convenience"

Do you have a skipper employed who will be present during the unloading and then sail it to it's home waters? And if so, is this person in Australia or will they come from China?

The NSW state registration does not look like it is too much of a difficulty, so maybe the skipper can take care of the registration in the days just before the vessel is unloaded?
Yes,all are correct. The Chinese owner do not know much about the certificate or registration stuff. We as the yacht designer, should have to consider this for him. That's why I contacted AMSA and RMS to clear the problem, because im the first time to handle this. We do not worry about anything before because our old customers are Australian, they are familiar with that.
__________________
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 05:05   #26
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
Karmen, I think you need to start at the beginning and address the questions about the current situation with the boat. And you originally said it is for use at The Entrance, which has been pointed is unviable.

Then your "don't care, not my problem" type of response leaves me wondering why.
Because the owner have a very large project at The Entrance and he wants his boat to be there. We have look at the picture that there is a bridge which can not enter such a large boat. But the owner said it's not a big deal, maybe they can put it somewhere. So I just need to find a agent to do registration work.
__________________
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 05:08   #27
Registered User

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Yacht Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
Got any photos of the Yacht btw. We would love to see them
Sorry, the boat is still under design stage. We just want to clear some questions before construction. I will upload pictures, in 2 years maybe.
__________________

__________________
karmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
registration, yacht

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CE Registration on a yacht?? zooplax Health, Safety & Related Gear 11 17-06-2012 15:32
No Registration Papers for a Danish Yacht !? msponer Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 2 25-02-2012 08:28
Sailing Yacht - Country of Registration Swanee Liveaboard's Forum 59 05-12-2011 21:13
UK Flagged Yacht in Caribbean - Part 1 or Part 111 Registration? Ukabroad Training, Licensing & Certification 9 01-11-2008 08:55



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.