Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2010, 01:15   #1

Vat on Non EU Vessels

Am on a non - eu flag vessel that is owned by a non - eu company, whose benificiaries are non - eu residents. I (as skipper) have a UK passport though live on the boat.

We are currently in the process of trying to temporarily import the vessel into the EU for 18 months. have read other topics on this but am looking for anyone with solid info as regards my nationality as skipper, in relation to all this.

I believe we satisfy the requirements in all other respects.
All info would help, cheers, 4ktsb
4ktsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 01:38   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Have you read this?

HM Revenue & Customs

There is also an EU website for TI which would be worth a search for.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 02:38   #3
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ktsb View Post
Am on a non - eu flag vessel that is owned by a non - eu company, whose benificiaries are non - eu residents. I (as skipper) have a UK passport though live on the boat.

We are currently in the process of trying to temporarily import the vessel into the EU for 18 months. have read other topics on this but am looking for anyone with solid info as regards my nationality as skipper, in relation to all this.

I believe we satisfy the requirements in all other respects.
All info would help, cheers, 4ktsb
Your residence (EU / non Eu) as Skipper is the important thing (UK/EU passport on it's own is not an automatic bar - but might be a red flag to look into you / the boat more carefully, and that likely involving showing evidence you are actually resident somewhere non-eu, arguably not fair on those without any tax residence - but life ain't fair )......... but I can't remember the links / references . sorry.

Eu wants to avoid Eu residents taking the p#ss by simply registering (and owning) vessel outside Eu - those days of simplicity long gone.........

A google on the TI and boat VAT in general will (eventually!) turn up some useful things.........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 06:38   #4
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
a bit late, but your nationailty as skipper is irrelevant, The boat is subject to a temporary import of 18 months. You need proof that you are not a beneficial owner of the boat ( Ie that you have proof as to who the owners are and you arnt one of them) and have a letter appointing you as skipper.

Dave
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote