Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2015, 09:55   #1

USCG Vessel Doc Online Renewal

Has anyone been successful when renewing US Vessel Documentation via the new online system?

I understand that that the USCG Vessel Documentation Office has a new program that requires paying a $26.00 fee, and doing it online here. I have been trying to do it, but have had no success. I get an error message that says the information I have entered does not match their records for my boat. It just has you give them your last name, Official Number, Zip Code, plus your email address. What I am giving them matches what is on my current Documentation Form, except that they have not had email addresses previously.

The error message does say: "If the information provided is correct, please contact the NVDC directly to resolve the issue (304-271-2400)." Of course that number is busy, but it is a clue that something is wrong with their web site. I suspect that their computer is expecting the name of the boat to be entered, but the online form does not provide a space for it.

I hope to hear from one of you who has gotten to the bottom of it.
St. Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 10:13   #2

Re: USCG Vessel Doc Online Renewal

I found the answer.
Expected deployment date for automated e-billing is on or about 01-MAY-2015. CUSTOMERS SHOULD CONTINUE TO USE THE PAPER VERSION OF THE CG-1280 TO COMPLETE THE RENEWAL PROCESS UNTIL THAT TIME.

Seems that they are ahead of themselves by putting the registration form online, leading folks to believe that they are ready for you to use it!
St. Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 10:16   #3

Boat: 1984 Slocum 43

When it comes to tech, the government is usually not at the forefront. :-(
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 15:19   #4

It's not great but you can email them the form (including the credit card payment).

Just did it and the bank shows they took their payment, so I presume they accepted the form.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote