Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2013, 07:48   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2009
Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Posts: 789
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Its very, very simple to get a US passport. Pay the monies that you owe, both from a moral and legal stand point, then renew. Very simple, very easy. Neither taxes nor child support are dis chargeable debts so he is going to have to pay them eventually one way or the other. Best to do the right thing and make arrangements before the interest piles up. While the US does not have debtors prison, both taxes and child support ARE jailable offenses.

If your BIL does manage to get to the Philippines and ever wants to come back to the US, he is very unlikely to escape jail a second time.
__________________

__________________
S/V Ceol Mor
42 Nassau Undergoing refit in Kemah, Tx
Our little blog has moved: www.theceolmors.blogspot.com
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 07:58   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea
Boat: a sailing boat
Posts: 17,314
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

If a Philippino pops up on a Hawaii beach, without a passport, what is US officials take?

b.
__________________

__________________
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 08:16   #18
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK/Portugal
Posts: 20,203
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
If a Philippino pops up on a Hawaii beach, without a passport, what is US officials take?

b.
Send him to Guantanamo....?
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 08:21   #19
Long Range Cruiser
 
MarkJ's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Posts: 12,828
Images: 25
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Send him to Guantanamo....?
Great idea. Child support in Cuba should be cheaper.
__________________
Notes on a Circumnavigation.
OurLifeAtSea.com

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 09:35   #20
Registered User
 
UnExCorp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

"For your BIL to arrive with expired passport and (Expect to get in reeks of American Arrogance and Superiority, Treating the Philippines as an Inferior country."

- Banjoship,

Personally, I find that of your Pathetic "Posted" Comment - So as to not offend anyone's Sensibilities: "I will stop now, you may sense a bit of heat in my post."

A bit too late in that of your: Holding of One's Tongue!!!

I'm guessing that your Not that, of an American!

The more I read, within this forum, the more I keep "hearing" these overtones - and there would seem to be that of an bias, toward that of Americans, from foreign Nationalists -Perhaps, its' just that of "My perceptions, and I'm found "misinterpeting' such sly sentiments of expressed reflection!

We don't need to "Express" that of American devotion, and affection - towards that of the People of the Phillipines -Do We!

It could have just stay that, of an occupied territory!

Excerpt:

MacArthur uttered these dramatic words to Filipinos just moments after he waded ashore at Red Beach, during the height of the fiercely contested Leyte invasion. With his feet finally back on Philipppine soil, and his pledge at last being fulfilled, MacArthur spoke with great emotion:
TO THE PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES:

I have returned. By the grace of Almighty God our forces stand again on Philippine soil -- soil consecrated in the blood of our two peoples. We have come, dedicated and committed, to the task of destroying every vestige of enemy control over your daily lives, and of restoring, upon a foundation of indestructible, strength, the liberties of your people.

At my side is your President, Sergio Osmena, worthy successor of that great patriot, Manuel Quezon, with members of his cabinet. The seat of your government is now therefore firmly re- established on Philippine soil.

The hour of your redemption is here. Your patriots have demonstrated an unswerving and resolute devotion to the principles of freedom that challenges the best that is written on the pages of human history. I now call upon your supreme effort that the enemy may know from the temper of an aroused and outraged people within that he has a force there to contend with no less violent than is the force committed from without.

Rally to me. Let the indomitable spirit of Bataan and Corregidor lead on. As the lines of battle roll forward to bring you within the zone of operations, rise and strike. Strike at every favorable opportunity. For your homes and hearths, strike! For future generations of your sons and daughters, strike! In the name of your sacred dead, strike! Let no heart be faint. Let every arm be steeled. The guidance of divine God points the way. Follow in His Name to the Holy Grail of righteous victory!

Douglas MacArthur

American Experience . MacArthur . MacArthur's Speeches: Radio ...

www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/macarthur/filmmore/.../macspeech03.html‎


~ My do I Care: Because, My Uncle, Father's Brother, died AT: Camp O'Donnell

The Bataan Death March - U.S. Army

www.army.mil/asianpacificsoldiers/history/bataan.htm

__________________
Stop Existing & Start Living ~ Make A Change!
UnExCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 09:36   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California Coast
Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331
Posts: 680
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Traveling without a passport does have it's advantages. In most places you are likely to get free room and board.
__________________
Liam Wald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 09:46   #22
Registered User
 
UnExCorp's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Posts: 57
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Nice!

__________________
Stop Existing & Start Living ~ Make A Change!
UnExCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:05   #23
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2009
Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Posts: 789
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnExCorp View Post
"For your BIL to arrive with expired passport and (Expect to get in reeks of American Arrogance and Superiority, Treating the Philippines as an Inferior country."

- Banjoship,

Personally, I find that of your Pathetic "Posted" Comment - So as to not offend anyone's Sensibilities: "I will stop now, you may sense a bit of heat in my post."

A bit too late in that of your: Holding of One's Tongue!!!

I'm guessing that your Not that, of an American!

The more I read, within this forum, the more I keep "hearing" these overtones - and there would seem to be that of an bias, toward that of Americans, from foreign Nationalists -Perhaps, its' just that of "My perceptions, and I'm found "misinterpeting' such sly sentiments of expressed reflection!

We don't need to "Express" that of American devotion, and affection - towards that of the People of the Phillipines -Do We!

It could have just stay that, of an occupied territory!

Excerpt:

MacArthur uttered these dramatic words to Filipinos just moments after he waded ashore at Red Beach, during the height of the fiercely contested Leyte invasion. With his feet finally back on Philipppine soil, and his pledge at last being fulfilled, MacArthur spoke with great emotion:
TO THE PEOPLE OF THE PHILIPPINES:

I have returned. By the grace of Almighty God our forces stand again on Philippine soil -- soil consecrated in the blood of our two peoples. We have come, dedicated and committed, to the task of destroying every vestige of enemy control over your daily lives, and of restoring, upon a foundation of indestructible, strength, the liberties of your people.

At my side is your President, Sergio Osmena, worthy successor of that great patriot, Manuel Quezon, with members of his cabinet. The seat of your government is now therefore firmly re- established on Philippine soil.

The hour of your redemption is here. Your patriots have demonstrated an unswerving and resolute devotion to the principles of freedom that challenges the best that is written on the pages of human history. I now call upon your supreme effort that the enemy may know from the temper of an aroused and outraged people within that he has a force there to contend with no less violent than is the force committed from without.

Rally to me. Let the indomitable spirit of Bataan and Corregidor lead on. As the lines of battle roll forward to bring you within the zone of operations, rise and strike. Strike at every favorable opportunity. For your homes and hearths, strike! For future generations of your sons and daughters, strike! In the name of your sacred dead, strike! Let no heart be faint. Let every arm be steeled. The guidance of divine God points the way. Follow in His Name to the Holy Grail of righteous victory!

Douglas MacArthur

American Experience . MacArthur . MacArthur's Speeches: Radio ...

www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/macarthur/filmmore/.../macspeech03.html‎


~ My do I Care: Because, My Uncle, Father's Brother, died AT: Camp O'Donnell

The Bataan Death March - U.S. Army

www.army.mil/asianpacificsoldiers/history/bataan.htm

I have no idea what point you are trying to make, unless you are trying to prove that internet forums are the home of some seriously...lets just say "interesting people".
__________________
S/V Ceol Mor
42 Nassau Undergoing refit in Kemah, Tx
Our little blog has moved: www.theceolmors.blogspot.com
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:05   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellingham WA
Boat: 17' faering Ironblood, building 34' schooner Javelin
Posts: 305
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Any skipper who would take such an individual with him is an idiot.
__________________
MichaelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:08   #25
Long Range Cruiser
 
MarkJ's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Posts: 12,828
Images: 25
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnExCorp View Post

We don't need to "Express" that of American devotion, and affection - towards that of the People of the Phillipines -Do We!



Maybe the Brother In Law thinks he should be welcomed with open arms sans passport, con debt?

Aussies should be able to do that in Papua New Guinea. Those Fuzzy Wuzzies would be would be eating sushi without us.




'Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels'

Many a mother in Australia
when the busy day is done
Sends a prayer to the Almighty
for the keeping of her son
Asking that an angel guide him
and bring him safely back
Now we see those prayers are answered
on the Owen Stanley Track

For they haven't any halos
only holes slashed in their ears
And their faces worked by tattoos
with scratch pins in their hair
Bringing back the badly wounded
just as steady as a horse
Using leaves to keep the rain off
and as gentle as a nurse

Slow and careful in the bad places
on the awful mountain track
The look upon their faces
would make you think Christ was black
Not a move to hurt the wounded
as they treat him like a saint
It's a picture worth recording
that an artist's yet to paint

Many a lad will see his mother
and husbands see their wives
Just because the fuzzy wuzzy
carried them to save their lives
From mortar bombs and machine gun fire
or chance surprise attacks
To the safety and the care of doctors
at the bottom of the track

May the mothers of Australia
when they offer up a prayer
Mention those impromptu angels
with their fuzzy wuzzy hair.

Bert Beros
__________________
Notes on a Circumnavigation.
OurLifeAtSea.com

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:12   #26
Registered User
 
Caribsailors's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Caribbean
Boat: Beneteau First 38
Posts: 308
Images: 23
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
Any skipper who would take such an individual with him is an idiot.
+1
__________________
As I sit, a swirling sea of passion gives it's poems in waves underneath me.
The whispers of the sun in my eyes, a silence within.
Rhythm of the surf, drums of the sea. Thoughts tumble and toss about the deep blue abyss inside me, where the love of you dwells.
I'm fighting currents to get back to you, listening to the flow of your liquid language as you beckon me, "Come Play"
Mariners Cove, CI. Anonymous.
Caribsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:17   #27
Registered User
 
cheoah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Boat: Moccasins and pony
Posts: 996
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
I have no idea what point you are trying to make, unless you are trying to prove that internet forums are the home of some seriously...lets just say "interesting people".
+1
__________________
cheoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:27   #28
Registered User
 
salticrak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: palmwoods qld australia
Boat: wharram tiki 26
Posts: 739
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

A mate of mine too has outstanding monies owed to child support. No it is not me, i am a bachelor.

He lost everything to his ex. The two houses on a property etc. He gets to see his kids for two weeks a month, is a devoted father but is hounded by child support agency here. To my eyes the situation is grossly unfair, but it is the law.

We do not know the circumstances here, they are not always straight forward.

Yes it is possible to travel without a passport, it is only a problem if you get caught. A big problem.
__________________
salticrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:41   #29
Moderator Emeritus
 
David M's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay
Boat: research vessel
Posts: 10,150
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

How selfish! He wants to go sailing when his children are owed money?

The law preventing him from getting a passport was written well. He should stay ashore, get a job and pay his back support first. I have no sympathy for deadbeat dads. Children deserve better. I would not go cruising with someone with his kind of ethics. I know that sounds harsh but not when viewed from his child's point of view.
__________________
David

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 10:47   #30
Registered User
 
sww914's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Punta De Mita
Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1
Posts: 1,842
Re: Traveling abroad without a passport

Is he a member of the Mensa Society?
__________________

__________________
Steve
http://www.landfallvoyages.com
sww914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:25.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.