Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2016, 18:26   #1

Seychelles Intnl Bus Co. VAT ??

Does anybody know the implications of visiting the Seychelles with a pleasure, not commercial, boat owned by a Seychelles International Business Company (IBC). The boat may be also be registered in the Seychelles but will really only be visiting temporarily. On the Seychelles government site I find that they say no VAT is charged on goods that they believe will leave the country within less than 12 months but I wonder if that applies to a boat owned by a Seychelles entity. Or, does the IBC aspect of the company exempt it?

It seems to me that one can register a boat with an EU company owning it and not pay VAT as long as it is out of the EU. If I understand correctly, such a boat would be subject to VAT as soon as it landed in the EU. Same thing I think if it is owned by an individual that is a resident of the EU.

So, anyone with knowledge on the IBC VAT issue for the Seychelles?
got cake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Seychelles