Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 31-08-2011, 10:31   #31

Boat: 1985 Marinette, Sedan, 29.5
Re: Serving Alcohol Aboard a Charter Boat

Big money boats looks like only people with lots of cash win again. Small business doesn't stand a chance. Our economy will never recover with rules like this

grunzster, sorry it didn't work out. The American dream...does it still exsist...only for the super rich or the super poor.

Old 31-08-2011, 14:56   #32
Marine Service Provider

I don't think most people out cruising buy into the whole American dream to begin with, but since you ask, I think it's dead and rolling over in it's grave. The way things are going, my generation will probably be the first to have things worse off than our parents did.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:52   #33
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunzster View Post
I don't think most people out cruising buy into the whole American dream to begin with, but since you ask, I think it's dead and rolling over in it's grave. The way things are going, my generation will probably be the first to have things worse off than our parents did.
I suspect that, as always, it is a coalition of interests that has stymied the "small man" having a few beers onboard commercially - in this case the Puritan Taliban for whom alcohol was sent by the Devil / don't like anyone having fun.......the bigger / established operations (if you beat the competition yourself - use the Govt)..........and finally Politicians reacting to the "something must be done" brigade to deal with inevitable small minority of class A idiots (as well as the benefits of $$$ lobbying)........on there own each couldn't change things, but together..........

On the generational thing being worse off, I think that will extend down to Grandchildren - but by then it will "normal". I am starting to think that the best solution for the people would be to say "F#ck you all, we've redated the debts to repay in 2525 , and the interest will roll up until then", that would require a complete change of Government / ripping up the whole current system (politically and economically) and starting again, and if that includes hanging a few people from lampposts along the way then so be it........probably take 20 years to get over but either that or several generations of paying off other people's stupidity and shovelling ever more money into the pockets of our Lords & Masters.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01   #34
Marine Service Provider

Better set some line aside!

By time things get bad enough for the hangings to begin, our money probably won't even be worth the paper it's printed on, to go out and buy new line.

Tags
charter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: