Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2016, 11:42   #1

Boat: Farrier F9ax, Edel 35
Purchase/Broker Advice

Hi guys, not sure if this is the best forum to ask...but running into a tight situation with a broker.

Got a signed contract to buy a boat, high demand sale with dozens of back up offers.

Florida broker had me delay for a week considering how he would get it hauled. Then a second week for Hurricane Matthew.

I asked for a 2 week extension, that took a week for him to "decline". Then I offered to pay slip fees into next month..and it was accepted.

I have not received a signed copy of the extension do to the extension being mailed to the owner, and not back yet.

I have until Monday when my contract legally runs out.

What would you do?
windhorze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 14:39   #2
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: C&C 33 MKII
Re: Purchase/Broker Advice

Winehouse. Not knowing any more details, I would walk away. That is when the broker will come back to you with the accepatance of the extensions. You are in a powerful position. If he really does have other offers it will take even more time for him to close the deal. His motivation is to close the deal.

Brokers are not honest. There are plenty of boats and if this one falls through there will be another one you will fall in love with. If he excpts the extension. No loss, if he doesn't and you walk away you save yourself from being pressured and possibly losing money.

You will be surprised how fast he will move when he feels he will lose the deal.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you and you have fair winds when you are on the water.
Hamish_ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase