Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 06:53   #16
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: One Way Ticket to US, Leaving by Boat

"the Florida water police"
As the Archbishop of Miami said on his appointment "it's so nice to be so close to the mainland United States".
It was Spanish, it was British. It was returned to Spain again, then the Brits, slaves, Indians, had other ideas again. It is one of those corners that is still very different from much of the US. Call a Parisian "French" and they tend to get upset, they know that civiization ends at the city line and those people out there are simply not Parisians. Florida, well....at least they'd all agree it ain't Paris.<G>
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11   #17

Location: Behind the garlic curtain - east central Saskatchewan
Boat: Baylurker 2755

We flew Calgary to Seattle on 1-way tickets when we picked up Gray Hawk. In retrospect I'm amazed that we managed that because we always get sent to secondary processing. We must have that time too but I don't remember it. I guess we were so wound up about picking up the boat that nothing mattered. We even had the damcat with us - maybe they figured we had to be for real if we had a damcat.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50   #18

I flew with cruiser documents and a good story many times on one way tickets. HOWEVER returning to the Philippines from San Francisco this year United Airlines insisted on an onward ticket. Docs and pleading were worthless as the check in process required a ticket code to be input. So I bought a one way Manila-Guam for $500 CC and refunded it painlessly online a week later.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:27   #19

Boat: Able 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
The last time I tried that, about 20 yrs. ago, the one way ticket was more costly than return.
Still the same. Provided you book more than a month ahead return will be cheaper than one way. There are a heap of US flights that I have paid for but never taken. It was cheaper.

If you plan to leave US on a boat and buy a one way flight in then you will need a letter from the captain stating the boat's details and schedule.
savoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 08:57   #20

Boat: Leopard 46

Just returned from Emirates Airlines in SA. They offered one way ticket to Miami via NY for $700. I have E1/E2 Visa
saltyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 14:02   #21

I did this earlier this year. I flew from Toronto to Florida and then left on a boat.

Just have all the information on the boat before you fly (Boat name, location, Captain and owner's name and contact info, where the boat is going and when, etc.)
donjobs is offline   Reply With Quote