Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2015, 08:34   #136

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.
Re: New Zealand Arrival Levy

Bloody good summation Maggie.
BTY. You sent me a pm...i was worried before i opened it that i was about to be drawn 'n quartered AGAIN.
Relieved not the case ...thanks.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 08:39   #137

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

AND This thread hasnt drifted much has it Pinguino?
Does anybody care that the time in Sydney is 3:30 am ?....nuh?...thought not.
Old 27-12-2015, 12:53   #138

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

Good grief, I've been away 0n a Christmas holiday, and missed a lot, mostly insults and nonsense, but still a lot. Apologies to anyone who read and thought they understood my earlier post, but was still insulted. No disrespect at all toward Maoris - I imagine "they," to the extent, if any, that "they" are Maoris not New Zealanders, also feel over regulated. Likewise, no insult to the sheep. I enjoy roast lamb, although I still, and always will dislike boiled (not broiled) mutton. Rescue by the Coast Guards of the world costing money is news to me. Sorry to hear it exists. I've not been rescued, but have used the radio seeking assistance for others. Now I may become reluctant to do so, since I do not want to cause financial problems for people I do not know. Circumstances will be the guide. As to the NZ fees, that simply was not the point. In the end, I still will avoid NZ when sailing. Visiting by air is OK. OZ may be worse, but they are a less sensitive people, and simply say, "Screw you, mate." An attitude I can chose to accept or ignore.
Old 27-12-2015, 12:59   #139

Buzzstar....who couldn't love ya?
The above line was written 5 minutes ago and still im crackin' up.
Thanks from a Sydney tiny boat.
Old 27-12-2015, 17:01   #140

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzstar View Post
OZ may be worse, but they are a less sensitive people, and simply say, "Screw you, mate." An attitude I can chose to accept or ignore.
Actually, I should have mentioned in the things I learned about NZ and Kiwis - they are pretty sensitive about all things Kiwi, especially, if compared to Aussies. One thing for sure, there is a strong rivalry there. You have to love them all, even the criminals can be charming. I have very personal experience with that.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 17:18   #141
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exMaggieDrum View Post
Actually, I should have mentioned in the things I learned about NZ and Kiwis - they are pretty sensitive about all things Kiwi, especially, if compared to Aussies. One thing for sure, there is a strong rivalry there. You have to love them all, even the criminals can be charming. I have very personal experience with that.
Nah! ... Comparisons are what makes the world go round....
Aussies are like American's (in training)
Kiwis are more like the temperate Canadian counterpart... Infinitely smarter than their neighbours, but a little intimidated by all the US/AUSSIE flag waving.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 17:28   #142

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by exMaggieDrum View Post

Rivalry? Most strayans neither know nor care about things Unzud...... and rugby is a stupid game anyway...so there.

Charming criminals? I think you were dealing with the politicians and businessmen....
Old 27-12-2015, 20:21   #143

Pelagic, you need to seen an Optician. And possibly another kind of medical practitioner too.
All Aussies are 1.5% better than the best American.
OK, dont believe me but there are 23 million of us who would agree with my stats V's ONE skewed Pelagic. Maths??
Old 27-12-2015, 20:33   #144

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
Pelagic, you need to seen an Optician. And possibly another kind of medical practitioner too.
All Aussies are 1.5% better than the best American.
OK, dont believe me but there are 23 million of us who would agree with my stats V's ONE skewed Pelagic. Maths??
Maths? You want maths?

Every time a Kiwi moves to Australia it raises the average IQ in both countries. Every time an Aussie moves to NZ, it lowers the average IQ in both countries.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 20:40   #145

Refused to read what you rote Stuart. Actually ...nuh, not gonna do it.
Anyway, i sick of you bastards giving me sore ribs .
Old 28-12-2015, 00:57   #146
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Maths? You want maths?

Every time a Kiwi moves to Australia it raises the average IQ in both countries. Every time an Aussie moves to NZ, it lowers the average IQ in both countries.
LOL....BRILLIANT!....
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 01:28   #147

Bloody sick.
Old 28-12-2015, 01:30   #148

Ok...bit funny.
Old 28-12-2015, 02:03   #149

Been thinking....you two bastards are, forthwith, struck off my "special" list.
So bugger off.
PS Has this got anything to do with me having an IQ of 39.08? Balls time...huh??
And....did Pingbloodyguino engineer this whole assault by any chance?
Back room collusion.
Hate yez.
Old 28-12-2015, 07:05   #150

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Nah! ... Comparisons are what makes the world go round....
Aussies are like American's (in training)
Kiwis are more like the temperate Canadian counterpart... Infinitely smarter than their neighbours, but a little intimidated by all the US/AUSSIE flag waving.
Living just an hour south of Canada, and having traveled there extensively in an old job, I see the similarities. Good analogy. Truth be told, a lot of Americans would like to be in Australia, New Zealand, or Canada. But we are all pretty lucky to be in any of these countries. I would be happy in any of them, warts and all.
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
New Zealand