Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2015, 18:02   #61

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.
Re: New Zealand Arrival Levy

Ping...well not me for starters!!!
Cate led this mob of ruffians (×3).
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 18:03   #62
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
Pelagic. Did you read the very first response to Pinguinos op?
"The best" was first cab of the rank.
Suspect he wishes he hadnt been.
For the record......I happen to agree with Jim's wry observation about the spread of governments and their tax policies....

But its like the weather....you can only talk about it....or go somewhere else
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 18:04   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
The funding of the (inshore) Coastguard New Zealand can be found here on page 8 https://www.coastguard.nz/media/4175...report-v10.pdf
Offshore SAR is handled by the RNZN and the RNZAF. NZ together with Chile, Australia and France have the largest combined SAR area of responsibility on the planet.

In the UK the RNLI handles inshore SAR ( I'm an 'Offshore' member for the last 20+ years)... Offshore its down to the RN and the RAF... esp the RAF helicopters - Prince William was flying them for a while.

Both look pretty much the same 'models' to me.....

What I want to know is who has been going round pissing in everyone's porridge this fine sunny morning....?
Prince William eh !
well we know which side of the toast you fall on then ,you royalist you
bustermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 18:05   #64

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
This information has just come to hand.....

I don't think the sums involved are going to change anyone's plans.

'If you are notifying Customs of your arrival in New Zealand please be advised that a Border Clearance Levy comes into effect on 1 January 2016 to pay for the cost of border clearance services.

The Levy has two parts, a NZ$18.21 arrival fee and a NZ$3.37 departure fee.

Everyone on board, except for children under 2 years of age, must pay the Levy.

You, or your delegated agent, will receive an invoice for your arrival Levy within five working days of your arrival. Full payment is required by the 20th of the following month.

On your arrival, a border agency officer will give you details of how and where to pay the Levy and can provide you with further information.

NZ Customs Service'

Ping
Levy's Tolls, Taxes ... they're all the equivalent of the modern day Robin Hood except, the money goes to the rich instead of the poor.
I live in an area where one cannot visit the City of Vancouver without crossing the Fraser River.
All new bridges are or will be tolled' ... I myself have no reason to go to town but I do pity the working folk who have no choice if their work, or job is in the city.
The toll for a car is $3.50 per crossing or $7.00 per day ... multiplied by the number of work days per year ... let's say a minimum of 45 weeks/year or, 225 return trips minimum times $7.00 is a $1535.00 per year deduction from your salary.
... How many people would appreciate it if the boss suddenly told them he would be deducting that amount each year? ... That effectively is what tolls do to the ordinary working person.
... At least the entry fee to NZ is optional ... eg: you don't HAVE to visit that country, anymore than I HAVE to visit Vancouver.
... I prefer to spend my money on things other than taxes I do not HAVE to pay.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 18:07   #65

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

BUSTER....Thanks bastard! My intulligence quotient is 38.68 So you are right, going to take time to comprehend.
Ho bloody Ho!
Old 24-12-2015, 18:12   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlara 3 View Post
BUSTER....Thanks bastard! My intulligence quotient is 38.68 So you are right, going to take time to comprehend.
Ho bloody Ho!
It's a pleasure to make your aquaintance you cricketer you !
Old 24-12-2015, 18:37   #67

Buster. I just luuurve cricket.
And watching grass grow is good too!
Old 24-12-2015, 18:56   #68

t least, I hope that that's the correct term?Being English I wouldn't hope to get the term wrong ?
Anyway, I wish you and all of you Antipodean bastards a merry christmas.
if that's not an inappropriate way of greeting you southern gentlemen.
Best wishes from UK Land
Old 24-12-2015, 20:00   #69

Thank you Buster. A
nd merry Christmas to you too.
"UK Land" ? Is that were Austin Marinas, v12 & 6 cyl Jags, Austin Cambridges, A40's etc came from?
Yes, near Wales & Scotland i think. The Noo Zullenders came from near you im tinkin: i am
Near Calais isnt it?
And we arent antipodeans Buster, were properly called theives. Dats wot we answer to Buster.
But im tinkin' a couple of us locals are actually expats of yours.
Merry Christmas and NZ rocks.
Old 24-12-2015, 20:00   #70

Boat: Sold, alas, because life happens.

Ref who funds what for sea-rescue in NZ.....

While in NZ we became "members", by donating funds, to the Coast Guard.

From their Homepage:

"Coastguard is the charity that saves the lives of around 7,100 New Zealanders on the water each year and educates over 14,000 people annually about water safety...

We need to raise around $15 million annually to keep saving lives on the water. Only 15% of our funding comes from the government, so we need your help raising the rest."

https://www.coastguard.nz/get-involv...FVgnvQodsgYD9Q

Coast Guard in the USA is different than Coast Guard in Canada is different than Coast Guard in NZ is different than Royal National Lifeboat Institution in GB and etc.

Some differences are more apparent then others. For example, USCG carry firearms and police authority - RNLI carry hot tea and polite attitudes.

Just thought we might wish to clarify out terms!

Happy Holidays to everyone!
svmariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 20:36   #71
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

And a special Christmas thanks to Ping, Jim, Factor and Pelagic for remaining to post intelligent and courteous comments on this thread under what I believe, are very tiring conditions. Well done Chaps!

And apologies if I missed any other contributor who added constructively to this thread - I know there was 1 or 2.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 22:09   #72

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Hey, thanks for clarifying that. Well said and appreciated in the manner and tone in which you did. Good on ya mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmariane View Post
Ref who funds what for sea-rescue in NZ.....

While in NZ we became "members", by donating funds, to the Coast Guard.

From their Homepage:

"Coastguard is the charity that saves the lives of around 7,100 New Zealanders on the water each year and educates over 14,000 people annually about water safety...

We need to raise around $15 million annually to keep saving lives on the water. Only 15% of our funding comes from the government, so we need your help raising the rest."

https://www.coastguard.nz/get-involv...FVgnvQodsgYD9Q

Coast Guard in the USA is different than Coast Guard in Canada is different than Coast Guard in NZ is different than Royal National Lifeboat Institution in GB and etc.

Some differences are more apparent then others. For example, USCG carry firearms and police authority - RNLI carry hot tea and polite attitudes.

Just thought we might wish to clarify out terms!

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 22:23   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustermaw View Post
I doubt that anyone has any need to bring in guns to a country which is the biggest arms supplier on the planet
Lately I've been having a little trouble getting RPGs and grenades. Any suggestions?
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 22:28   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustermaw View Post
Yeah ,Yeah !
The Welsh say that too.
But they're still , basically , sheep shaggers.
Wait till they put a tax on shagging sheep. We'll be able to hear the screams all the way over here.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 22:51   #75

Boat: Cape Dory 36, Benford 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Grace View Post
Most people want out of NZ so mainly a one way ,one time tax, just see how many of them are in Australia and you see my point

Merry Christmas
completely outdated bull! Many Kiwi's currently in Oz are struggling and treated like inferior citizens and are trying to get back home where things are still reasonably fair for the average Joe Blow.
latka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
New Zealand