Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2012, 05:51   #1

Moving My Boat to Turkey

Can anyone help with any new regulations for staying in Turkey i.e. how long can I moor my boat....thanks
Kookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 07:41   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Moving My Boat to Turkey

5 years
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 12:16   #3

When we were getting our first transit log, we were told that we could remain in the country for 2 years (2 transit logs). Then we would either have to either leave and re-enter - no minimum time period for being out of the country and the time period is reset. Or to bond the boat, in which case could stay for another 3 years before leaving and re-entering.
Don't know where it's written, but we were given this info by a clearance/customs agent. Shouldn't be a big deal to leave the country as Greek islands are, in some cases, just 2-3 miles away.
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 14:44   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Hi Katiusha,

Law 2634, article 29 and article 46 modified by the official gazette no: 19252 reads :
(this is my translation and is far being perfect..)

"the foreigners who enters the country with their yatch can leave their yatch in marinas certified (authorised) by the ministry of tourism up the two years and can leave the country by another mean of transport...........
The yatches that have been wintered this way in Turkey and that have been used by their owners at least once every two years can stay in Turkey up to 5 years without any further permit or whatsoever. The ministry of Tourism is entitled to further extend this duration.........
This regulation is only valid for private boats with no commercial use of any kind."

Another directive is stating that "the owners, their family and the crew registered on the boat are entitled for a residence permit if they have an agreement with a marina. The duration of the residence permit will be in line with the marina agreement an can be max 1 year first time but may be subsequently extended up to 5 years."

Remember, like in almost every country, in Turkey also the legislation regarding these issues is very confusing, sometimes even contradicting. You may hear different answers from different authorities or same authorities in different ports.

Good luck..

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Turkey