Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 30-01-2013, 14:54   #211

Re: Maltreatment By Homeland Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
Well, you are at war with somebodyorother, you know. Debating who exactly that is would be amusing and instructive, but probably verboten.
Not verboten at all. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Old 30-01-2013, 15:34   #212

Boat: OEM, proportional

Sir and/or Ma'am,

Your mutually contradictory and simultaneously correct answers have slightly discombobulated me. Must be residual debris from pre-enlightenment times. I ran a quick self-diagnosis and treatment; drink a large glass of rum and hold up an arbitrary number of fingers. Count them, and if the number you count is the same as the number held up, drink another glass of rum. Repeat until you forget why you're holding up your fingers, and try to punch out the bearded idiot that is giving you the thunderbird signal in the mirror. Since there are three of them and you have three fists to aim at them, this will distract you from potential thoughtcrimes.

Old 31-01-2013, 06:00   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
Sir and/or Ma'am,

Your mutually contradictory and simultaneously correct answers have slightly discombobulated me. Must be residual debris from pre-enlightenment times. I ran a quick self-diagnosis and treatment; drink a large glass of rum and hold up an arbitrary number of fingers. Count them, and if the number you count is the same as the number held up, drink another glass of rum. Repeat until you forget why you're holding up your fingers, and try to punch out the bearded idiot that is giving you the thunderbird signal in the mirror. Since there are three of them and you have three fists to aim at them, this will distract you from potential thoughtcrimes.
By George, I think you've got it!
Old 03-02-2013, 23:04   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by flink View Post
....We defeated the Germans, Italians and the Japaneese in less than 5 years and without the loss of our freedoms....

Um...tell that to the americans who were of japanese descent during WWII. They were rounded up and sent to detention camps where they had armed guards keeping them locked up.
Old 05-02-2013, 15:16   #215

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniyot View Post
Um...tell that to the americans who were of japanese descent during WWII. They were rounded up and sent to detention camps where they had armed guards keeping them locked up.

So True. How many know of the Battle Of Athens? Not taught in any public school I know of; perhaps in Athens Tn.

The Second Amendment and the Battle of Athens
Old 05-02-2013, 16:59   #216
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Modified Choate 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniyot View Post
And so did Canada, which took Italians too.
At least they weren't murdered or put into slavery. It was security measures. Now a days one can't even trust their own countrymen.

It happens every where at one time or another, not just in the US. Over the past 5000 years, from history records, one can probably make a list a long as this page. The only thing slowing it down now is WW communications.

There have been impressments, concentration camps, the razzia, N. Korea slave camps, Siberian Slave camps, China's slave camps, and even the Gypsy took slaves in the UK (2011).

Heres' a short list>>> List of concentration and internment camps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can see what the European toll was during WWII.
Slave Labor in Concentration Camps, Intro

The US has done squat compared to the rest of the world!

Unprepared boaters, end up as floatsum!.......
delmarrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
security

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: