Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 18:14   #1

Keep Canadian-Registered Vessel in US More than One Year ?

Does anyone know (for sure!) if you can stay as a Canadian boat more than one year in US waters?

We have a work visa for 3 years as Canadisans and would like to sail the boat to San Diego from Vancouver. I Called US customs and was told that the boat can stay for one year. When I asked if I will sail outside of the US territorial waters, or to Mexico for a few days, can I come back for one more year? The answer was a bit vague.

Thanks
wingover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
registered vessel, registration

Posting Rules