Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2012, 10:08   #1
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Under What Flag Would You Register?

I posted this in a previous thread http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ter-85278.html, but it got lost in the pages of tax evasion discussion, so I am hoping to get some fresh and specific answers here....

HWMO has been asking me to find out what long term cruisers do about registering their vessel. Our boat is Kuwait registered, but this has to be renewed annually, in person, along with third party insurance.

He wants to know what the hell do we do about boat registration when we leave Kuwait (on the boat) for good?

Background - I'm British, he's German. Neither of us have lived in Europe for 16 years. We had planned on circumnavigating, but given the current piracy situation, will probably just hang around Asia for a good while... meaning we won't even be sailing through Europe any time soon.

So, is it necessary to have the yacht registered in a specific country (our registration will expire after a year, since we won't physically be in Kuwait to renew).

If so, is it possible to register a yacht in Europe without being there?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote