Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2013, 06:46   #31

Re: Greek Immigration / Visa issue.

Hi, to all that have followed this issue.

To be honest it has turned into a NON-event... Which is good.

We used an Agent (cost 60 euro) to process our departure / exit paperwork in Lefkas. It involved paperwork from Port Police and Passport Police. Once the the paperwork was finished, Passport Police stamped an EXIT stamp in our PP's. Plus they issued a letter that allowed us 48 hours to travel to the Athens Airport for our outbound Flight. This letter was all in Greek so not exactly sure what it said but it did list the date, time and Flight number of our flight.

It turns interesting once at the Athens airport. Our ultimate destination was the USA, via Frankfurt Germany. So the first leg of our flight was an internal EU flight, NO Immigration! We did not have our Passport's checked as we departed Greece. Once in Frankfurt, we passed through Border control. The line my wife was in, the guy never noticed the Greek Exit stamp and Stamped her OUT. My guy noticed the Exit stamp dated 2 days prior. He scratched his head some and consulted a another agent. I started to get My Greek letter out but he then Stamped the PP and said have a good day.......

So we were able to stay "legally" in Greece/EU for a 113 consecutive days. It would be interesting that upon arrival into Greece you asked to have the Crew List stamped instead of the normal PP stamp??

Thanks all that chimed in.

Tom
onehalfmoon is offline   Reply With Quote