Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2019, 03:20   #1

Boat: Plan Joubert 21
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Post Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Hello everyone and I really hope I got the right subform for the topic...

Last fall we brought the boat to Italy where the harbourmaster and immigration etc told us to just go to the marina and tie up, no need for any paperwork.
Before that we obviously cleared out in Croatia.

Now we want to go back to Croatia. So I have heard people say that Umag is a difficult port to clear in, was easy on clearing out... so not quite sure.
Is there any reason they should refuse us the entry? Or is it better to go to Slovenia first and then on to Croatia? Would add an extra country immigration round though... and rather unnecessary I believe....

Very grateful for any advice!
All the best,
Manuel
SY Independence
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:40   #2

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Unnecessary, just request a clear out paper from Italy to show to the officials in Croatia and have enough money handy to pay all the fees and taxes and you will be welcomed.
Old 25-03-2019, 03:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Unnecessary, just request a clear out paper from Italy to show to the officials in Croatia and have enough money handy to pay all the fees and taxes and you will be welcomed.
Thanks for that!
So the clearcut paper would be a harbourmaster or Immigration?
Or simply from the Marina? Since I never cleared IN I am somewhat doubtful clearing OUT will be such a piece of cake...
Old 25-03-2019, 03:49   #4

You clear out of Schengen, so it will be the police, but it is organized often by the harbormaster, they call them to prepare the paperwork and show up (our experience in Bari when going to Pula).
Old 25-03-2019, 03:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
You clear out of Schengen, so it will be the police, but it is organized often by the harbormaster, they call them to prepare the paperwork and show up (our experience in Bari when going to Pula).
Ok, So I would need to check with the harbourmaster in Lignano, since there is no Clearance Port but a harbour master...
Just hoping to get this right
Old 25-03-2019, 04:19   #6

Maybe you have to go to an official port of entry to clear out (very likely), but the harbormaster could point you to the right direction.
Old 25-03-2019, 08:54   #7

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

I was in Certosa/Venice and had go take the vaporetto all the way across to W side of Venice to the police stn in order to check IN/OUT. Ask the marina in Lignano , they can tell you where the nearest police stn is located. This is a Schengen border check OUT for you so has little to do with the HM in Lignano.

Umag is simple if you go to the office on the corner of the ACI marina where you will find both the HM and the police right next door to each other. Not sure about how close the nearest ATM is but check with ACI since there is probably one in the ACI marina somewhere. You need to make the payments in Kn. Credit cards etc not accepted.

If you want to spend more time in Umag then best to go to the Customs quay near the town quay on the other side since there is a lot more activity in the village than the ACI marina and it is a long walk all the way round.

Whatever you dom, make absolutely sure that yr first stop in Croatia is on the Customs quay on the corner of the ACI marina or at the Customs quay near the Town Quay. Even if you arr late at night do not be tempted to go elsewhere, pick up a buoy or anchor. The police/customs are very strict on this.

Hv a good trip.
Old 25-03-2019, 09:35   #8

Euro is widely accepted in Croatia, also at the port police for paying lighhouse fees and tourist taxes.
Old 25-03-2019, 10:05   #9

Are you an EU-flagged boat? If so, just leave Italy. In Croatia have your credit card ready !
psp2psp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:51   #10

Boat: building TW28, bateau.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp2psp2 View Post
Are you an EU-flagged boat? If so, just leave Italy. In Croatia have your credit card ready !
Croatia is EU member, but not inside Shengen border regime.
Liburnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:55   #11

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

CatNewBee,

if they can now accept EUR then that is good news. It saves the usual trek to the nearest ATM to get Kn.
Old 25-03-2019, 11:11   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
I was in Certosa/Venice and had go take the vaporetto all the way across to W side of Venice to the police stn in order to check IN/OUT. Ask the marina in Lignano , they can tell you where the nearest police stn is located. This is a Schengen border check OUT for you so has little to do with the HM in Lignano.

Umag is simple if you go to the office on the corner of the ACI marina where you will find both the HM and the police right next door to each other. Not sure about how close the nearest ATM is but check with ACI since there is probably one in the ACI marina somewhere. You need to make the payments in Kn. Credit cards etc not accepted.

If you want to spend more time in Umag then best to go to the Customs quay near the town quay on the other side since there is a lot more activity in the village than the ACI marina and it is a long walk all the way round.

Whatever you dom, make absolutely sure that yr first stop in Croatia is on the Customs quay on the corner of the ACI marina or at the Customs quay near the Town Quay. Even if you arr late at night do not be tempted to go elsewhere, pick up a buoy or anchor. The police/customs are very strict on this.

Hv a good trip.
Hello everyone and thank you all for the input!
So I found the solution by now. And just in case someone has the same issue at some stage here we go:

We are an EU flagged boat in Italy, we didn't clear in, as advised by the Harbourmaster at the time.
Upon request at the Caribinieri/Police in Italy they said we should go to our Marina, they have a form to fill that THEY send to the police station on the day of departure and they will send a form back that we should take with us to Croatia.
And that should solve all issues!
Thanks as well for all the advice on Umag, I heard about the strict policies in terms of stopping elsewhere. I will head to ACI Marina for clearance and head right on afterwards towards Pula I suppose. But I hope all works out well :-)
Fair winds and thanks for the help everyone!
Old 25-03-2019, 14:48   #13
cruiser

Never any problem issues clearing into Croatia, but we’ve always had to pay in the Croatian currency and check in at the first port is manditory or you face fines.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 22:17   #14

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Never any problem issues clearing into Croatia, but we’ve always had to pay in the Croatian currency and check in at the first port is manditory or you face fines.

We found the same. When we checked in from Montenegro we had to go the bank and get money. We did all the paperwork and they said this is how much you owe and the bank is down there. Get the money and come back and do not wait in line.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 00:03   #15

We paid cash in Euro in Pula, no problem. I do not know how smaller offices may handle it.

Tags
Croatia, Italy