Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2019, 03:20   #1
Registered User
 
ProjectManaia's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Greece
Boat: Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43
Posts: 87
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Post Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Hello everyone and I really hope I got the right subform for the topic...

Last fall we brought the boat to Italy where the harbourmaster and immigration etc told us to just go to the marina and tie up, no need for any paperwork.
Before that we obviously cleared out in Croatia.

Now we want to go back to Croatia. So I have heard people say that Umag is a difficult port to clear in, was easy on clearing out... so not quite sure.
Is there any reason they should refuse us the entry? Or is it better to go to Slovenia first and then on to Croatia? Would add an extra country immigration round though... and rather unnecessary I believe....

Very grateful for any advice!
All the best,
Manuel
SY Independence
__________________

ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:40   #2
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 2,072
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Unnecessary, just request a clear out paper from Italy to show to the officials in Croatia and have enough money handy to pay all the fees and taxes and you will be welcomed.
__________________

__________________
Lagoon 400S2 refit for cruising: LiFeYPO4, solar and electric galley...
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:44   #3
Registered User
 
ProjectManaia's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Greece
Boat: Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43
Posts: 87
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Unnecessary, just request a clear out paper from Italy to show to the officials in Croatia and have enough money handy to pay all the fees and taxes and you will be welcomed.
Thanks for that!
So the clearcut paper would be a harbourmaster or Immigration?
Or simply from the Marina? Since I never cleared IN I am somewhat doubtful clearing OUT will be such a piece of cake...
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:49   #4
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 2,072
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

You clear out of Schengen, so it will be the police, but it is organized often by the harbormaster, they call them to prepare the paperwork and show up (our experience in Bari when going to Pula).
__________________
Lagoon 400S2 refit for cruising: LiFeYPO4, solar and electric galley...
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 03:52   #5
Registered User
 
ProjectManaia's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Greece
Boat: Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43
Posts: 87
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
You clear out of Schengen, so it will be the police, but it is organized often by the harbormaster, they call them to prepare the paperwork and show up (our experience in Bari when going to Pula).
Ok, So I would need to check with the harbourmaster in Lignano, since there is no Clearance Port but a harbour master...
Just hoping to get this right
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 04:19   #6
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 2,072
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Maybe you have to go to an official port of entry to clear out (very likely), but the harbormaster could point you to the right direction.
__________________
Lagoon 400S2 refit for cruising: LiFeYPO4, solar and electric galley...
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 08:54   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Certosa Marina, Venice
Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Posts: 294
Send a message via Skype™ to SaltyMetals
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

I was in Certosa/Venice and had go take the vaporetto all the way across to W side of Venice to the police stn in order to check IN/OUT. Ask the marina in Lignano , they can tell you where the nearest police stn is located. This is a Schengen border check OUT for you so has little to do with the HM in Lignano.

Umag is simple if you go to the office on the corner of the ACI marina where you will find both the HM and the police right next door to each other. Not sure about how close the nearest ATM is but check with ACI since there is probably one in the ACI marina somewhere. You need to make the payments in Kn. Credit cards etc not accepted.

If you want to spend more time in Umag then best to go to the Customs quay near the town quay on the other side since there is a lot more activity in the village than the ACI marina and it is a long walk all the way round.

Whatever you dom, make absolutely sure that yr first stop in Croatia is on the Customs quay on the corner of the ACI marina or at the Customs quay near the Town Quay. Even if you arr late at night do not be tempted to go elsewhere, pick up a buoy or anchor. The police/customs are very strict on this.

Hv a good trip.
__________________
SaltyMetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 09:35   #8
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 2,072
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Euro is widely accepted in Croatia, also at the port police for paying lighhouse fees and tourist taxes.
__________________
Lagoon 400S2 refit for cruising: LiFeYPO4, solar and electric galley...
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:05   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Are you an EU-flagged boat? If so, just leave Italy. In Croatia have your credit card ready !
psp2psp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:51   #10
Registered User
 
Liburnian's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ljubljana
Boat: building TW28, bateau.com
Posts: 24
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp2psp2 View Post
Are you an EU-flagged boat? If so, just leave Italy. In Croatia have your credit card ready !
Croatia is EU member, but not inside Shengen border regime.
Liburnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:55   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Certosa Marina, Venice
Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Posts: 294
Send a message via Skype™ to SaltyMetals
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

CatNewBee,

if they can now accept EUR then that is good news. It saves the usual trek to the nearest ATM to get Kn.
__________________
SaltyMetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 11:11   #12
Registered User
 
ProjectManaia's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Greece
Boat: Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43
Posts: 87
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
I was in Certosa/Venice and had go take the vaporetto all the way across to W side of Venice to the police stn in order to check IN/OUT. Ask the marina in Lignano , they can tell you where the nearest police stn is located. This is a Schengen border check OUT for you so has little to do with the HM in Lignano.

Umag is simple if you go to the office on the corner of the ACI marina where you will find both the HM and the police right next door to each other. Not sure about how close the nearest ATM is but check with ACI since there is probably one in the ACI marina somewhere. You need to make the payments in Kn. Credit cards etc not accepted.

If you want to spend more time in Umag then best to go to the Customs quay near the town quay on the other side since there is a lot more activity in the village than the ACI marina and it is a long walk all the way round.

Whatever you dom, make absolutely sure that yr first stop in Croatia is on the Customs quay on the corner of the ACI marina or at the Customs quay near the Town Quay. Even if you arr late at night do not be tempted to go elsewhere, pick up a buoy or anchor. The police/customs are very strict on this.

Hv a good trip.
Hello everyone and thank you all for the input!
So I found the solution by now. And just in case someone has the same issue at some stage here we go:

We are an EU flagged boat in Italy, we didn't clear in, as advised by the Harbourmaster at the time.
Upon request at the Caribinieri/Police in Italy they said we should go to our Marina, they have a form to fill that THEY send to the police station on the day of departure and they will send a form back that we should take with us to Croatia.
And that should solve all issues!
Thanks as well for all the advice on Umag, I heard about the strict policies in terms of stopping elsewhere. I will head to ACI Marina for clearance and head right on afterwards towards Pula I suppose. But I hope all works out well :-)
Fair winds and thanks for the help everyone!
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 14:48   #13
Registered User
 
Kenomac's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,267
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Never any problem issues clearing into Croatia, but we’ve always had to pay in the Croatian currency and check in at the first port is manditory or you face fines.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 22:17   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Underway in the Med -
Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Posts: 2,166
Images: 1
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Never any problem issues clearing into Croatia, but we’ve always had to pay in the Croatian currency and check in at the first port is manditory or you face fines.

We found the same. When we checked in from Montenegro we had to go the bank and get money. We did all the paperwork and they said this is how much you owe and the bank is down there. Get the money and come back and do not wait in line.
__________________
just our thoughts and opinions
chuck and svsoulmates
In Herzliya Israel for the winter
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 00:03   #15
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 2,072
Re: Clearing into Croatia after Italy

We paid cash in Euro in Pula, no problem. I do not know how smaller offices may handle it.
__________________

__________________
Lagoon 400S2 refit for cruising: LiFeYPO4, solar and electric galley...
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Croatia, Italy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clearing out of Italy LJScott Europe & Mediterranean 4 06-09-2018 00:04
Clearing in to Venice, Italy BRob Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 7 05-09-2016 13:45
slip fees (long term) for naples, italy or venice, italy schoonerdog Europe & Mediterranean 3 10-01-2015 15:33
Clearing into the Turks and Caicos Nov 2011 jkcowboy Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 1 07-12-2011 12:14
Clearing out of Phuket and into Langkawi with Bill of Sale ... Gone2long Pacific & South China Sea 9 09-08-2011 10:41



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:37.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.