We are an AUS vessel who did this in the last week. Currently at anchor
in Pula harbour enjoying lights show of the shipyard cranes with the colosseum part of the panorama
1. When you clear Rosinj be sure to leave Croation waters by shortest route
- last week I cleared Pula early but anchored to have lunch in Rovinj to time a daylight entry to Venice. Zadar authorities track your AIS
and when I returned to Pula yesterday day I was fined 1100K - thats another story....
2. I assume you have a spot booked at a marina in Venice Lagoon
- I was at Marina Di Lio Grando as we are a catamaran
and could not fit into the sailing club opposite St Marks (Isola san Giorgio Maggiore) and did not want to pay 180 Euro per night at Sant Elena. I would not know what to do without a pre-booked spot.
up past the Grand canal / take the vanity pics then proceed to your marina and relax.
4. I did overnight to Venice and took docs in that afternoon. Take documents to Poliza Fronterra - Scali Marittimo ed Arero (google map printout handy) other experiences and comments posted ring true eg noonsite - easiest way to get there Vaperetto to Le Roma but you will find it eventually. You will probably go to the wrong police station first per other comments but it will come together. Enjoy the claustrophobic waiting area smile and put on you most pleasant face and it will soon be over. Not at all like Montenegro (for example) but I think it always helps to appear respectful and keen to do the right thing.
5. When you check out it will be easy and no stress.
6. I always check my passports for the stamp as I recently flew in via Barcelona
but my passport was not stamped - when clearing out by boat from Brindisi I had all sort of hassles but fortunately had kept my air ticket.
We are in Croatia for the next month or two - PM me if you would like more info.