Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2013, 20:42   #16

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
Re: Checking out of the US

Zeehag is correct, again... the left mexican coast operates under a different set of rules to the east coast because Port Captains have a lot more leeway on the west coast than the east coast. There doesn't appear to be a lot of central government control over enforcement or regulations from one coast to the other. They have bigger fish to fry than intinerent cruisers coming into or exiting the country. Great if you are cruising on the west coast... not so much if you are on the east coast. Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 06:25   #17

Boat: Seafarer36c

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorageGuy View Post
Customs and Border patrol isn't in downtown Key West. There is an office there but it has been closed for a couple of years. They are located at the Airport. At least it was when we were there a few months ago. Chuck
Well like I said, they have an office in the Federal Building downtown. I was there less than a month ago, so it's not closed.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 06:52   #18

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Well like I said, they have an office in the Federal Building downtown. I was there less than a month ago, so it's not closed.
Both Immigration and CBP??
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 07:01   #19

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
That's strange. We went there after making an appointment for our SVRS cards. When we arrived, we were told that that office on Simonton is still there but has not been used in years and we had to go to the airport. At the airport, they apologized for having us go there and said that office is not used and has not been used for 2 years. They did even change the SVRS website after that and emailed us that it had been changed. It was a pain since we had taken a bus from Marathon and the airport is a long way from Simonton. Two other boaters from Marathon encountered the exact same problem. This was only a few months ago. I guess it's just one more reson to avoid Key West if possible. Chuck

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote