Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2012, 08:45   #661

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Boat Held Hostage By Marine Transport Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
And the guy who lied about the weight of his boat and took it to a place without a scale is a what?
There you go again...You can make an assumption (of course you'll call it a fact) that he lied about the weight. But then you refuse to see that the boat is in fact stolen at this point...it just amazes me.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 08:56   #662
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christerart View Post
As stated by several posts - I think the nearest commercial *certified* scale the trucker could have gone to - *should* have gone to immediately after loading - was what 11 miles - or was it less?

Either way - it was less than 30 minutes away. Any experienced trucker would have done this. I can't tell you how many thousands of $$$ I spent on weight tickets in my trucking days. The times I went straight out on the interstate without a weight ticket were few and far in between.
I don't disagree with this. My point was the the owner didn't "lie" about the boat's weight. He give a pretty reasonable sounding value for it and that most of us don't know the true weight of their boat!

I guess the morale of the story is that if you ever get you boat shipped that both parties would want to have the weight verified pretty early in the game.
Old 26-10-2012, 08:58   #663

Boat: Colvin Gazell 50'
Send a message via Yahoo to kiwitrucker

Tropic, He is a CUSTOMER and if you want to stay in the transport business you don't pull the crap he has pulled. You appear to not even read or comprehend what has been written on here as the weight of the boat is immaterial. IT IS THE TRUCKERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THE WEIGHT OF HIS LOAD AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY. The more you write on here the more you make yourself look stupid.
kiwitrucker is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 09:03   #664

Quote:
And the guy who lied about the weight of his boat and took it to a place without a scale is a what?
Given that the OP "lied" about the correct weight of his boat, does this give the hauler freedom to lie about where the boat is located, when it will be delivered and how much it's really going to cost? Just curios,

My Momma always told me two wrongs don't make a right and it's hard to remember lies but easy to remember the truth.
Longbow3 is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 09:24   #665

Boat: Catalina 30

I'm just posting to be in on the movie royalties.

But I would like to add that it is difficult to have a discussion with posters who do not understand the "subjunctive." See wikipedia.
jongleur is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 09:30   #666

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Phil View Post
I'm sure most of the CF contributors regardless which side of the argument you take appreciate the overtime the Mods have put in trying to ride herd on this hotly discussed topic. Kudos to all of you! Phil
Trying to keep you lot on track is like herding cats

Pete

Pete7 is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 09:37   #667

Tropical, you have stated over and over that you don't know (you just did again!) this guy Steadley, that you have only talked to him twice I think you said on the phone. So if you don't know him and have never met him, then how can you be so sure as to what his motives are in not revealing the boat's location? Stolen, lost, vaporized by a meteor - these are all equal possibilities until Steadley tells its location.
Dansante85 is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 09:48   #668

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Members are reminded that all rules apply to postings including:
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
And some have been and will be deleted.
Old 26-10-2012, 09:55   #669
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
There you go again...You can make an assumption (of course you'll call it a fact) that he lied about the weight. But then you refuse to see that the boat is in fact stolen at this point...it just amazes me.
Why dont you call the cops and tell them to do there job?
tropicalescape is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 10:09   #670

Quote:
I can speak for myself that I am here to offer my personal input and opinion. That does not include sticking my nose where it does not belong.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 26-10-2012, 10:09   #671

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Some members are ignoring the fact that our posting standards WILL BE ENFORCED. Your postings, and replies to them, will disappear until you comply.
Old 26-10-2012, 10:17   #672
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I can speak for myself that I am here to offer my personal input and opinion. That does not include sticking my nose where it does not belong.
Even if your opinion is Wrong and you have been educated about the fact that your opinion is wrong?You are just wrong .Why dont you stop trying to incriminate this man ? He hasnt commited a crime from what I can tell...
Old 26-10-2012, 10:23   #673

Quote:
Someone might do that if they knew where the boat is! Just by saying it's in an impound lot doesn't say much. Now, I don't know that Dan the trucker man hasn't told Old Bob where his boat is by now but if it is in an impound lot or "arrested" as such then it wouldn't cause any harm to tell the man where his boat is, would it? I do like that you are defending a man just because you talked to him. What if he is telling you the same type of tale that he told old Bob and Dasante, a complete fabrication! Then you would be falling victim to him like everyone else. I see that he did deliver the mast a month after the promised date. So where is the justification for that?
Longbow3 is offline   Reply
Old 26-10-2012, 10:25   #674

Quote:
Even if your opinion is Wrong and you have been educated about the fact that your opinion is wrong?You are just wrong .Why dont you stop trying to incriminate this man ? He hasnt commited a crime from what I can tell...
You know tropic...You are absolutely right about all this. I am sooooo wrong. I should have seen that indeed you have all the facts and this far out-weighs my meager opinions on anything. I'm so ashamed. Please forgive me. No need to respond...I will simply follow your wake. You're the best.
Old 26-10-2012, 10:33   #675
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow3 View Post
Someone might do that if they knew where the boat is! Just by saying it's in an impound lot doesn't say much. Now, I don't know that Dan the trucker man hasn't told Old Bob where his boat is by now but if it is in an impound lot or "arrested" as such then it wouldn't cause any harm to tell the man where his boat is, would it? I do like that you are defending a man just because you talked to him. What if he is telling you the same type of tale that he told old Bob and Dasante, a complete fabrication! Then you would be falling victim to him like everyone else. I see that he did deliver the mast a month after the promised date. So where is the justification for that?
I was being sarcastic,the cops dont want to know as there has been no theft!
Closed Thread

Tags
marine