Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 10-03-2013, 18:06   #1

Australian Vessel Marking

Have just purchased a vessel in the states and am in the process of changing over the vessel registration to Australian registration and will not have the vessel back in Australian water for the next few years.

What I would like to know is if when you complete the markings you have to send photographs to prove this back to the registrar in Australia or is just the signed declaration from? Anyone have any experience with this recently?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2013, 20:22   #2
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now working Syd Harbour charters
Re: Australian Vessel Marking

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Have just purchased a vessel in the states and am in the process of changing over the vessel registration to Australian registration and will not have the vessel back in Australian water for the next few years.

What I would like to know is if when you complete the markings you have to send photographs to prove this back to the registrar in Australia or is just the signed declaration from? Anyone have any experience with this recently?

Thanks
We completed Australian registration in early 2011. All that was required then (as regards marking) was the signed Declaration.

Furthermore, we also spoke to the then Registrar of Ships who indicated they were more relaxed about vessel marking on yachts, as opposed to ships; what exactly that meant wasn't specified though. It sounded to us that, as long as the spirit of the markings (prominent, clear and at least in some area permanent) was followed, it was OK

What'd you buy? What're your cruising plans "for the next few years"?
Old 11-03-2013, 19:43   #3

Re: Australian Vessel Marking

Cheers,
just trying to make sure I'm on top of everything and can get this sorted so i can start sailing.

Bought a downeaster 38 here in florida and am looking to make my way back to Australia, slowly, over the next few years. this year should take me as far as Panama, where ill leave her for a bit while i go back to work and then come back and head into the pacific. once im cruising around the pacific im in no real rush to get back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: