Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2018, 21:25   #46

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig
Re: Australian Registered Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Or, we could enter the Darwin to wherever yacht race (powered vessels are welcome) and get an exemption. Of course we could strike some dramas at the other end when continuing onwards.
By "exemption", I guess you mean a temporary pass from the Australian shipping register.

That's $333 (or $666, I've never aimed to get a temporary pass so I don't know if $333 covers you for two temporary passes or only one). And only for events organised by an affiliate of Australian Sailing.

See: https://www.amsa.gov.au/vessels-oper...pply-temporary
Old 21-03-2018, 21:36   #47

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
You don't have to convince me, Simi 60.

It's the black letter law underpinning the Aus Shipping Register that forces Aus nationals to use the Aus Shipping Register.

And it's a black-garbed paramilitary thug in Pedro Dutton's Border Force you will need to convince when you try to check out.

I doubt that any rally from Darwin to Indonesia that allows power boats to join will qualify that power boat as a racing yacht for a temporary pass. What would I know?
Old 22-03-2018, 00:46   #48

Boat: Westerly Sealord

You can , of course, just go.......
Thats what lots of foreign ( to NZ ) yachts did when NZ tried to force Cat 1 on foreigners wanting clearance...

Seemed the authorities in assorted Sopac ports just gave a Gallic shrug when boats arrived with no clearance papers from last port.

Nobody bothered going back to NZ..... well one bloke did ... and that was the end of that unzud non sense....

Tags
Australia