Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2018, 03:12   #1

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!
anti-fouling legislation in france

Hi everyone,

i figured i'd put this under the category 'red tape'....

i read Hisse et Oh forum in French sometimes... and ran across some info that i thought i'd cross-check with others here.

It seems that there is new legislation that is to take effect IN FRANCE in 2018: only professionals will be able to purchase anti-fouling paint and apply it.

It seems that the legislation will take effect in july of 2018.

It does seem that the anti-fouling paints that will be available to non-professionals will be on the shelves; but, as these contain less chemical products, everyone is already taking about how they don't work...

NOW, please know that I do not have confirmation for this info yet. I'm hoping that folks here can give info and/or clarify.

I might add, that some folks in the same forum are saying that they are no longer using anti-fouling paint at all, just scrubbing the hull in the water more often. These say that they are finding that the paints do not make much difference in the first place...

your comments are welcome

wolfgal

Tags
anti-fouling, France