Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
A canadian boat going to UK

My family and I have joint UK Canadian citizenship. My wife and I are taking our 46 foot sailboat,Scooter to London UK mid May. Planning to enter UK on Canadian passports and then renew our UK (EU ) passports when we arrive. Understanding is that boat can be in Uk for 18 months without paying VAT, and as Canadians we can stay for 6 months is that right.? Anything we havent considered? (May go back to Canada for Christmas.) comments welcome. Thanks
Wendy and Peter Gibson
Petergibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:59   #2
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 21,909
Images: 2
pirate Re: A canadian boat going to UK

Well if your going to London you'll likely be at St Katherine's Dock or Galleons Reach... if you are renewing UK/EU passports you'll need and address for them which means you can then apply for an SSR registration for the boat which can then cruise and stay in the Schengen zone indefinitely...
If that's what you'd like.. then re-register when you re-cross the pond..

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.