Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2014, 07:55   #1

Yacht Specialties / Merriman Engine controls

I have a 37' Gulfstar with a Yacht Specialties (merriman) pedestal steerer. A couple of days ago I was running boat at dock when the shift lever went limp. After some digging found the cable holding mechanism (cover) had broken away from the tab in the plastic engine control module from Yacht specialties. This unit is made of some sort of plastic and after 30+ years just gave up, there is no particular stress on this area. I've done some research online and found that I am not the first nor may not be the last to be stricken by this problem. I did find that the Yacht Specialties company is out of business and that much of it's inventory was purchased by Doc Freeman's Marine Store in Seatle WA, subsequently Doc Freeman's went out of business. I also found a gentleman Robert Osaki from Joe's Racing in the Seatle area who's company had produced replacements but they are not making these at this time. Picture of part is attached it is a round section that goes between the pedestal and the compass and has shifter/throttle attached. I am wondering if anyone knows of any parts for these floating around out in the marine world. I appreciate any assistence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merriman Yacht Specialties Engine Control Plate Pic 1.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	89817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merriman Yacht Specialties Engine Control Plate Pic 2.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	89818  

defandjfl82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags