Over 35 years ago I watched a cabin
cruiser moored off Sault, Michigan blow up. My wife and I were sitting on the Canadian side having a picnic, and I was watching them. Two guys and a girl. I gather she went below to make some coffee or something, couldn't get the propane stove to go and futzed around with it for 10-15 minutes. Then she came on deck
and told one of the guys who went 'below. A few seconds later the boat disappeared. Both guys killed, one instantly, the other concussed and drowned after being blown over board. She got blown over too, but survived. The boat burned to the waterline and sank.
Propane is very nasty and deserves our utmost attention.