Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2010, 07:43   #16
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by At sea View Post
Was some one unkind to you today boatman? Or maybe too much of that eggnog again?

Whatever, when fellow CF members offer advice different to yours, calling them names like "lazy" and "sloppy" is no way to win friends and influence people.

But then again, what else could I expect from a silly old pom.
I'll have you know I've graduated to "Totally Shot Away Pom".... check the info at the side of this Post....
My remark was not aimed at the poster's who'd been just repainting their hulls for years..... they're likely to know what the state of their hulls is.
It was aimed at someone who.. from the gist of his post had not owned the boat much more than a year and has no idea what the condition of his hull underneath the paint is... he'd been advised once by the yard to strip the paint off... maybe they needed the work... but in my opinion he should if possible do it himself if he has the time and ability.
A thick layer of paint can hide a multitude of sins... I'd have thought that was common knowledge... the more you know the better seaman you are..
If he goes down the slap it on route in my opinion HE'D be lazy and sloppy.
Whats with all this aggressive misinterpretation when I post something...
Did Santa miss your anchorage....

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 15:57   #17

Oops, i agree it didn't read as intended - i was also slinging off at my own repeated use of (adjective adjective) pom when referring to your good self in prior posts. Oi!
Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 17:54   #18

Boat: 40' Silverton Aftcabin with twin Crusaders
Well AtSea, My old 1979 Hunter 30 never got striped. I felt then as you seem to now. Never had a blister, never gave barrier paint a consideration and when the paint chipped off in hunks, just used a scrapper to get the loose stuff off. There are many who follow the same practice, if not broken, don't fix it.

I never lost sleep caused by worrying how smooth my bottom was...boat bottom that is. And the boat I have now is never going to get striped either.

Foggy
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote